1 - Reincarnate

It has been three years since the day I announced my love for Pein, and honestly nothing has changed. Other than the fact that he lets me out the base more often, which only happened because I threw a hissy fit and promised him that I would return to the Leaf Village if he didn’t let me, but that’s not the point. I’m officially 19 and I’ve grown a lot, not much in height, but personality, and my hair! It’s gotten extremely long and I love it, it’s something new that shows how much I’ve changed.

Currently, I’m out on a mission with Zu-Zu, we’re going to attack a drug market that stole a hidden scroll and also to find some rare orange powder that is said to have some sort of medical power…Healing… something or another? I wasn’t exactly paying attention when Pein briefed us on the mission. Oops. But that’s why Kakuzu is here, also, no one else was available for the mission. You’re probably wondering, “Hey where’s Hidan?” Well, due to the odd number of members, some people have started doing solo missions. Which is something I want to do dearly, but of course, Pein has something stupid to say along the lines of:

“Mika you’re still learning, you’ll only get yourself hurt, and we can’t afford to lose a valuable member and blah blah blah.”

As you can see, I tend to ignore Pein a lot when he’s scolding me about something. Which usually gets me in trouble and I end up getting stuck with some stupid errand. Although sometimes if I pout and give Pein what he wants he’ll usually get over it, and by getting what he wants I mean making him food of some sort.

What was I originally talking about? Oh yeah! The mission. Kakuzu and I jumped through high trees, making our way to the Village hidden in the Rocks, it was really boring since Kakuzu usually preferred not to indulge in any conversations with me. In my boredom, my mind liked to wonder and thing about very peculiar things at random. Also, while jumping trees I only used my hands, which is something that I’ve become better at.

“Stop here,”Zu-Zu said. I grabbed the tree branch that I was swinging towards and swung upwards, landing, and kneeling on the branch. I looked up and saw him analyze our surroundings.

“What do you see?”

“We’re here.”

I gave him a confused look as I looked down all I saw was mostly dead grass and a less dense forest up ahead. I opened my mouth to ask Kakuzu what he meant, but he started moving down the tree branches before I could say anything. I followed and lowered my chakra so the enemy couldn't sense us. We stood behind a tree and Kakuzu looked at me.

“There’s a jutsu casted around their hideout. It’s one the camouflages the area and makes it look like you can pass through, and once you do you become trapped, it's a never ending loop.”

I nodded.

“So how do we get through?”

“We need to break the jutsu, it’s only a simple ninjutsu, nothing compare to Itachi’s Mangekyo Sharingan.”

I shivered at the thought of the compelling power that Itachi held, and the many times that he held me under that deadly gaze as training. Pein said it would help me learn how to dismiss pain and how I would know if I was in a ninjutsu. I was able to handle myself under a ninjutsu as long as it wasn’t a Mangekyo Sharingan.