27 - Lost Boy

-Age 11-

"To-San what's your favorite color?"

"Red... Why?"

We were sitting on the outlook of the Hokage faces eating ice cream and swinging our legs over the railing.

"I don't know, I just wanted to know if everyone's favorite color has to do with their hair color!"

I shouted raising my hands above my head in confusion.

"It's not always that way Mika-chan."

"But Sakura's favorite color is Pink and her hair is pink! And-and Hinata's hair is purple and that's also her favorite color! And what about Sasuke? His hair is black and I'm pretty sure his favorite color is black!" I shouted waving my arms frantically in the air.

I felt something cold hit my hair and I stopped flailing my arms around. I touched my head and saw blue melted stickiness on my hand. I look at it confused and I heard To-san sigh next to me, I looked at my ice cream cone and noticed that it was completely gone!

I scooped the coldness on my head and there was my cotton candy ice cream! My eyes started to water, and I sniffed my nose.

"Mika-chan please don't cry. Let's go get you cleaned up," To-san said, as he helped me up from the ground.

I sniffed my nose and placed my sleeve over my eyes so To-san wouldn't see my cry. I wasn't sad about the ice cream in my hair, but that my ice cream was all gone! To-san grabbed my hand and started taking me somewhere.

-Age 12-

I was sitting under a tree in the forest, crying my eyes out. I hate the Ninja Academy! Those girls are so mean! I could just die from embarrassment! What did I ever do to them? Was it the fact that I was Sasuke's friend? I didn't even like him in that way. I tried to wipe the tears from my eyes, but the flour kept getting in them, causing them to burn more. I wish there was a hole I could die in. My cries got harder, but it also got harder to cry.

"Mika!"

I looked up to see Nagato running towards me. My eyes widened, WHERE WAS THIS HOLE TO DIE IN! OH, GROUND PLEASE SWALLOW ME UP! I started to get up so I could run away from him, but he was much faster than me and he grabbed my arm, stopping me in my tracks.

"Mika what happened to you?"

"Let go To-san! You shouldn't see me like this!" I refused to look at him! The tears were flowing heavily down my face.

"Mika, I'm your friend, you need to let me help you, who did this to you?"

I turned around and looked him in those eyes that had made me slowly fall for him. I bit my lip and it tasted horrible.

"I was walking to the library, when these girls came from around the corner and threw a bunch of flour at me, they yelled horrible things at me. I don't know what I did to them. Is my existence such a horrible thing? That people would do this to me?" The tears could no longer fall from my face, so only empty sobs escaped my throat.

"Don't ever think like that! Your existence means so much to me and those girls will pay for what they did to you! I'm sorry I wasn't there to protect you Mika, I'm sorry," To-san pulled me into a hug and I wanted cried on his shoulder. Him being here for me now. Made me love him even more!

-Age 16-

I was laying on my bed rereading Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. I really should be working on reports for the Hokage, but all of that paperwork is just so overwhelming at times. I felt a strong presence at my window and sat up quickly to see who it was. None other than Pein.