20 - If You Do

The shameful truth: I'd fallen in love with a killer. I'd let him kiss me, lie to me, betray me. When he touched me in my dreams, all my strength crumbled, and I felt myself being tangled up in his net all over again. He still held my heart in his hand and that was the biggest betrayal of all.

It have been several days since the incident with that succubus and my Kekkei Genkai hasn't improved at all. I've even tried to get into other people's dreams but I end up falling asleep myself. I even tried Lucid dreaming and that didn't work. I tried to keep my mind off of all of it, but I hadn't gone on any serious missions that would pull me from my wondering mind. I wanted to release this power, but honestly how? How could I just ignore the fact that nobody's life was private to me anymore? I was able to see things that they had tried to forget for so many years, but yet I have the power to see inside their minds. I wonder if Pein has any idea on how to help with hidden power of mine. Then again, he hasn't provided me with many answers... ever. I sighed and knocked on his door.

"Come in," he relayed from the other side of the door.

I walked in, and slowly closed the door behind me.

"You wanted to see me Pein-"

He gave me a stern look when I said his real name.

"-I mean... uh, Leader?" I think he really just likes to hear me call him that.

He cleared his throat and began to speak.

"I have a mission for you... I suspect that your injuries have healed to some extent by now?" He asked as he raised his hands to his mouth and interlaced his finger as if he had the most important thing to say to me.

"Well I'll accept anything at this point just to get from behind these walls," I remarked.

"Good, You and Deidara-"

"Yo." A voice in my ear startled me and I jumped out of my skin clutching my heaving chest.

"Deidara have you been here the whole time?!" I asked him.

"Indeed, I have," Deidara covered his laughs with a smirk.

"Thanks for warning me Pein," I yelled as I collapsed to my knees. It's only morning and I'm already exhausted by the day. I looked up at the desk as Pein cleared his throat. His eyes were closed but I could still see the smile in them, begging him just to let out slight chuckle. But with much restraint he didn't let out a sound.

"Deidara and you will be sent to collect a special person for me, I need them alive and protected the whole time. They hold very valuable information for me," Pein explained.

"Are they a shinobi?" I asked.

"Yes, but because they are my informant they will be docile towards you... Well at least for the most part."

Pein smirked at the end of his last sentence and I don't think that's very promising. However, I ignored it.

"So when do we leave?" By this time, I had risen from the floor.

"This afternoon, you should have enough time to prepare. That is all, you two are dismissed."

We left Pein's office after he dismissed us. I started to walk away so I could tell Itachi that I got a mission and maybe I could hang out with him until it was time for us to leave.

"Mika," Deidara called.

"What is it Dei?" I asked turning only half way around.

"I uh... Thank you?"