35 - Cascade

It had been several days of traveling and I never realized how annoying Hidan was. He kept asking Pein so many questions and I was getting irritated. If he didn't want to destroy the Leaf so badly then why bother joining us? Well I can kind of understand, as we got closer to the village I started having my own questions, and memories of the good times were playing back into my mind. Should we really be destroying an entire village because Pein felt as if they should know pain like I did? I mean I lost a lot, but I lost a family I never knew. My heart was set on the elders of the village mostly. Not the village itself. It was a suicide act. To try and destroy an entire village, and then what? Go back to the Hidden Rain and act like nothing happened? We would be hunted day in and day out and that wasn't a life I wanted. We were stopped a hundred kilometers from the village and everyone looked like this was just eating at them... Except Kakuzu, who looked impassive as always. We sat/stood in trees that were close together to have a meeting before the invasion.

"Other than Hidan, does anyone have any concerns?" Pein asked the group irritated.

"Hey!" Hidan groaned.

"What happens after we destroy the Leaf?" Deidara asked bravely.

"..." Pein didn't reply. Had he not through it through either?

"Did you not think about this?" I stood from the branch we were on and stared at him in disbelief.

"What did you think was going to happen?" I questioned him again.

"We were just going to waltz in here and destroy an entire village and return to the Rain and live happily ever after?"

The group was silent but I continued my rant. "We'll be hunted down by every single village on this planet if that is the case and that is not the life I want. That's not the life I want for any of us."

"Wait, we're doing this for what reason? For the kid?" Deidara interrogated.

"Call me a kid one more time Deidara and I'll make sure you get a new hair color," I growled at him.

"You don't have to do this," I whispered so only Pein could hear me.

"Nagato look at me," I begged.

"If you want to make my pain go away. All I want is the elders, the ones who placed the attack on my clan. We can still live our lives after that, maybe. I'm not sure, but it's a better idea that decimating an entire village," I continued to whisper.

Pein nodded at me and placed a hand on my head, pulling me closer to him.

"You're right, I didn't think of the aftermath. I care about you all... as friends, and Mika is right, that's not the life I want any of us to live. Mika stated that the only ones she wants to go after is the village elders. The village will already know that we are nearby, and if you choose to leave, I will not stop you. I'm... sorry that I did not think this through more..."

The Akatsuki members looked at him with shocked faces. Kakuzu, still impassive.

"That's my girl," I heard faintly.

I turned around seeing where the voice had come from, but I was only met with more leaves.

"Well if that's the case. I hope to see you all on the other side," Deidara waved us off as he started jumping back through the trees.

"You know I'm always by your side," Konan stated as she stood on her branch. I smiled at her, she was a true friend not only to Pein, but to me.

"Count me the fuck out! There's no way I'm going back to living a regular life. I live for the killing," Hidan bellowed, as he disappeared just as quick as Deidara.