12 - Danger

~Itachi's P.O.V.~

I was on my way to Pein's office to give him the recent news. I knocked on the door and he welcomed me in. I walked in and placed the magazine on his desk.

"What is this Itachi?"

"Look at the cover, Pein."

He picked up the magazine and looked at the cover. Pein's eye's widened.

"Mika?"

"She was in a Fashion Show in The Village Hidden in the Earth," I started.

He raised an eyebrow as he continued to stare at the magazine.

"There's another thing... Mika's Kekkei Genkai has been released. After she was in a fight with the one of the Brothers of Fire, she looked into his past and for now that's the only one that's been released."

"Apprehending her won't be easy, we have to get control over those powers before Orochimaru gets to her, also now that her powers are being revealed, This war that we planned needs a couple more things before we continue," Pein explained.

"And what things are those?" I asked him.

"The tailed beasts. The thing is though, I don't know where to start."

"What would the tailed beast do for the war?"

"To reincarnate the ten-tailed beast for ultimate world domination."

Isn't this a little much for being heartbroken Pein? Really world domination? I sighed inwardly at the emotional leader. I wonder what would happen if Mika came back to him... Or if she can change his mind. I hope she's doing okay.

~Sauske's P.O.V~

It's been a week since Mika was hospitalized. Something happened after that fight in the Village Hidden in the earth, but the doctors wouldn't tell me. The team continued with our missions and the Chuunin exams were three days away. I'm not sure if Mika will be able to participate with us. Ugh! I wish they would let me know what was going on with her. I can't believe my feelings from years ago are still present. I thought I would be over her.

I checked in at the front desk and took the stairs to Mika's room. I bought her some flowers from Yamanaka's flower shop. They were white roses, since I didn't know what kind to get her. When I got to her room the doctor was just leaving. I bowed in front of him.

"How is she doing?" I asked him.

"She's doing a lot better. She may be able to be released soon."

"Thank you," I bowed again and walked into to Mika's room.

She was sitting upright in the bed flipping through channels on the TV.

"Hey, Mika-chan," I said as I walked in and sat the flowers down on the bedside table.

"Morning Sasuke," she smiled at me.

I sat on the edge of her bed and saw that she wasn't connected to the IV anymore .

"The doctor said that I should be released pretty soon," Mika said.

"Does that mean you'll be able to participate in the Chuunin exams?" I asked.

"I should be able to. To be honest I don't know why I'm even in here. I know I suffered a mild head injury but I shouldn't have been in here so long," She whined cutely as she sulked back into the bed.

I placed my hand on her head.

"I'm sorry Mika-chan, even the doctor wouldn't tell me what is wrong."