11: awkward

Smoke filled my sight as I blew out a thick cloud of smoke from the blunt provided by Tony. Tony T is the only father figure I've ever known. He was the one who introduced me and P to the game and took care of us in the streets. Always made sure we were fed and protected. P and Tony used to bump heads sometimes, but he was always like a father to us. He family.

"This some new shit?" I asked looking at the perfectly rolled blunt.

"Yeah, that's some new shit I'm testing." He responded while getting his hair braided by his girl Carmen.

I nodded, approving I wouldn't mind putting this out in the streets, I thought taking another hit and passing it back to Tony.

"When we putting that out ?" I asked.

"Soon, Aye, Lil' D. Why you ain't come to Omar function, he did a whole speech about P, honored him real well," Tony spoke in between puffs.

I smacked my teeth, "Yeah he do a lot of talking. Too much talking." I mumbled.

"I hear you, but don't think we ain't got out ears and eyes out on that shit. We still trying to find out he did that shit to, P." Tony said.

"Its been three years my nigga. Why we ain't busting doors down , really digging  deep? You think we gone find some shit out sitting on our asses?"

"What answers did you find terrorizing niggas that night P died, huh?" Tony snapped back.

"You made all that noise, running down on niggas, and still don't know shit. I told you to lay cool, you gone fuck around and make shit hot around here nigga."

I waved my hand, not trying to hear this shit.

"Now I done told you we gotta play it smart. Now, you know I want to find the nigga that did that shit just as bad as you do."

I scoffed sarcastically, "Oh you do?"

Tony tilted his head offended, "Oh you questioning that shit nigga?"

I ignored him, not wanting to repeat the drama me and Omar shared about this same topic. I stood up from the couch ending the conversation.

"Nah, I'm not." I said grabbing my keys from the coffee table, I kissed Carmen on the cheek,  "I gotta head out, let me know when you want me to start moving that." I referred to the zip of weed that sat on the table.

Tony T nodded, dapping me up, "I'll catch you later, look.'' Tony looked me in my eyes sternly as he held my fist.

"We gone find that motherfucker, I promise you." I nodded, before walking out of his house.

I unlocked the door to my car with my keypad, as my phone started to ring.  I looked at the caller ID and saw Erica💦 flash across my screen.

I decided to stop ignoring her calls and hit answer on my phone.

"Where you been at, D?" Her voice blasted through my speakers. I rolled my eyes as I backed out of Tony's driveway.

"My bad, I just been busy." I said cruising down the road.

"You coming to the party tonight?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'll push through." My mind went to Time, I wonder if she really gone come.

She seems so goody-two-shoes, I doubt that a FAMU college party would be her scene.

"Good, because I gotta see you tonight. I hadn't had no dick in forever because of you!" She whined.

"Why because of me?" I asked.

"Because I ain't fucking nobody else Divine, duh." She responded.

I honestly didn't care if she was or not. Erica has always been my go-to when I wanted some good sex, but ever since high school every time we used to fuck, she always started acting like we were exclusive.