Split personality

(I decided to add a little more to the story.. enjoy!)

"Mire!" you shouted out the house window as he walked to the car, "Make sure to buy some cheese for the pasta tonight okay? Don't forget!"
"I won't.." you assumed he muttered as he got in his black Mercedes and drove off.

You and Mire were officially a couple after the moment you shared in the room riddened with roses. Though, some things were not the same.
Bren still had physical therapy for his leg and sadly.. Mya hadn't woken up from her coma though it had been months.

Ty disappeared while being transferred to a prison which only caused uneasiness in all of you.

Everyone had spite for both you and Mire.
Gina and Ivan held some sort of grudge.
They deeply believed what Ty had said and kept their distances from you both, especially after you started dating.

That hurt you a bit..

Micheal and you were close friends, which Mire didn't like but also didn't mention.

Your parents continued their work trips which left you and Mire alone at the house more often.
This being said, you knew he wasn't the same Mire Vinoza that you grew up with.

Flashes of false memories often popped in your head and sometimes, when you looked at Mire hard enough, he would begin to appear odd.
After he hit his head and was held at gunpoint by Ty, your parents had put the both of you in therapy.

You were released rather quickly after stating how upset you were about Mya.
The police ruled her injury as a freak accident.
Mire on the other hand was still in therapy and had been diagnosed with multiple things.

Split personality.
Borderline personality disorder.
Obsessive tendency's on top of quick mood swings.

The therapist also mentioned his hallucinations which only aggravated Mire more who hated wasting his time at such a place.
He didn't have a choice of course and went every Tuesday and Thursday.

Sometimes you contemplated whether being with Mire was the right thing. You were in love with him for so long and after his head injury, he suddenly felt the same way?
Even now you still think of this "Valentine" fellow.

"Mire Valentin.." you spoke softly as you washed the dishes in the sink.

You couldn't help but shake your head feeling silly. You were adults now. Real adults. Having graduated high school and now living in the real world.
The teacher was insane!
Having trauma from his youth..
In fact, anyone who remotely believed him should be hit on the head!

*KNOCK KNOCK*

You paused and set the wet dishes on the drying rack. You took off your purple apron and made your way to the front door where you were greeted by Micheal.
Immediately you opened the door and glanced around outside before pulling him in the house.

He was dressed in his black business suit and had a giant grin on his face as he looked at your house wear.

"You're really starting to look like a house wife~" he flirted, winking at you and you slapped his arm.
"What are you doing here?! You know how Mire feels about you! And I do not look like a house wife.. just say I look like a girl you can see marrying!"
He nudged you, "Did you just flirt back?"
You scoffed pulled your hair to the side, "What? No! What are you doing here Micheal?"
"Well.. you know.." he sat on the couch and peered at you with those green eyes, "I can't help but stop by when I pass by your house"
"And you happen to stop by when Mire goes out?"

He chuckled and you sighed looking at the ground.

"What's wrong? You know you can talk to me"
You sat on the couch and laid out as if you had worked a nine to five on a busy day, "It's just Mire!"
"Talk to me girl! He's no good!" Micheal spoke in a high pitch girly voice and you began to laugh.
"It's just.. I don't know how to explain it! His split personality? I don't understand it at all! One minutes he's Mire! He's really Mire Vinoza! The aggravating best friend I grew and fell in love with when I was a child! He teases me and has me chasing him all over again!"
Micheal narrowed his eyes, "You trying to make me jealous?"
You continued, "The next minute.. he's so intense. So.. scary. Oh god is he just scary! The other night I woke up and he was just staring at me in the dark! It reminds me of the time I woke up and he had a knife! And how jealous he gets it's horrible and then it's like he's no longer the man I fell in love with!"
"Do you think it's him? Or.. was it really caused by the injury?" Micheal asked.

You stood up aggravated and began to pace.

"How can I be sure?"
Micheal smiled and fixed your skirt for you, "Well.. I can help you?"
"Really?"
He gave you a look and hummed a bit.
"Well.." you fixed his collar, "What do you have in mind?"
"Quit the flirting, you'll tear a tendon"
"You wish! Stop coming by unless Mires here!"
He grabbed your hand, "What? Don't trust yourself alone with a handsome man like me?"
You looked away feeling flustered, "Goodbye Micheal!"
"What was that about him turning into the man you don't love?"

There was a creak at the front door that made you and Micheal's head turn without hesitation.
Mire was at the door with wide eyes as Micheal let go of your hand.

"Erm.. I think I have to go" Micheal laughed as Mire glared.
"No no stay! Stay... I just forgot my wallet that's all" Mire spoke darting his eyes to you.

You looked away immediately. His stare could conjure any emotion in you that you'd never felt before.
You could never tell his reaction to something.

You often asked, was it a Valentin or Vinoza reaction?

"So tell me why he's in MY house while I'm gone?" Mire asked you directly and you glanced at both the men.
"He was just dropping by.."
"I see.."

Mire smirked at Micheal, "Stay for dinner? We're having pasta"
"I've got to get going" Micheal looked at you a bit uncomfortable, "Call me anytime okay? I'm always here for you"

And with that Micheal left you in a situation that you could mostly say wasn't your fault.
Mire just crossed his arms and glared at you. His black hair hung low and almost touched the hoodie he was wearing.

"Delete his number"
"You're joking.. right?"

♥️