Chapter thirteen

Chapter thirteen

Aarohi Verma

Target ~ Votes: 10+ and comments: 5+

I have stopped celebrating my birthday since I was eleven. I still remember that day vividly, I was expecting my parents to celebrate just by a cake and kheer. But that day they started fighting and I stepped in between them to make them quiet, but ended up getting a life time of panic attack. That was my version of birthday gift. After that they tried to celebrate a lot but I denied every time.

(kheer : Indian sweet)

I even denied Vaishnavi to celebrate my birthday, she just brings me muffins and that's it. She tried to ask the reason once but I didn't say to her. She was handling my enough trauma so she didn't asked further. That's another thing we love about each other, we don't force to share we wait for the other person to share whenever they are comfortable. She is my everything. 

But today after nine fucking years, she called me to come home. She wanted to celebrate it. I denied her at first but then she handed over to papa, and he made me agree. It's always like that whenever I don't listen to mamma, she hands it over to papa. And I can't say no to him. I have no option other than going there.

I left the basketball court and went to my parking lot. I got in my car but as soon I ignited the engine, the car didn't start. I tried again to realize that it was out of fuel. "Too much frustration for a day." I mumbled to myself.

I got out of my car and locked it before taking out my phone to call a cab. As soon as I opened the app and put in the location, when out of nowhere Ishaan comes with his car and offer me a ride.  Like seriously a ride with him? Not even after I'm dead. He is just too much and I think he have bipolar disorder. He was hating me from the first and now he is helping me or maybe tricking me. 

I shook my head to bring my vagabond attention back to reality and i said with a frustrated look "Are you even going my way." And I thought with that he will give up but guess what Ishaan Ahuja is a dick and he don't give up.

"If you say toh chal lenge your way." he said and with that I looked up in shock. What the fuck was wrong with this guy? I could feel my cheeks getting hot. Is he affecting me? Hell no! 

I knew this debate is already won by Ishaan and he is stubborn, so I ended up deciding to let him drop me off. I went to back seat but he came over and opened the passenger seat for me. But isn't passenger seat for girlfriends? 

"Aarohi kuch zyada romance novels padh rahi hai tu aaj kal. Aur zyada padhna chahiye." I thought to myself and laughed in my imaginative world. 

(Aarohi you are reading too much romance novels nowadays. You should read more)

So I sat and he drove off. He tried bringing up small talks, but I was far more frustrated to even answer. I have no idea what is cooking in his head, and since when he started talking and asking questions too much?

The drive was rather quiet and silent. The soothening winds brushing my face giving me sense of fear like again she is going to hit me if I cross line. And also a sense of relief that i will face it again and maybe I can overcome this time. I don't know, it's too messed up in the little brain of mine. 

The drive was as usual 30 minutes and we reached our house. And not gonna lie Ishaan is good driver too. 

Now I'm standing in front of my house, hearing the loud noise of my parents fighting along with Ishaan beside me. I was sweating, my fingers were shaking. I was terrified with that thought that my eleventh birthday was going to repeat itself.