Chapter nineteen

Chapter nineteen

Aarohi Verma

Targets~ Votes: 35+; Comments: 20+ 

There is no way Ishaan chose my birthdate as his jersey's number. Why would he do that? Does he really like me? Or he just wants to toy with my feelings? But he said he is not trying to manipulate me. But how do I trust him? I know he hasn't done anything to me till now, his intentions looks clean and neat. But at the end of the day he is the playboy ISHAAN. How the fuck do I trust him. He is not so trustworthy. Or rather I don't want to trust him.

Rohit and Shashank told that he is in love and then they indicated that he chose my birthdate as his jersey number. So were they talking about me? Was it really my birthdate?

NOOO !!!!! Noooo fucking way. What the fuck am I thinking? Ishaan can never fall in love with me? He is not made for love. He has been super nice and kind of flirty with me, but love is not at all Ishaan's thing. He cannot love anyone, let alone me.

I was in my deep thoughts when Vishal shook me by my shoulder and asked "Where is your mind?"

I closed my eyes in frustration. I was so indulged in my thoughts about Ishaan that I forgot that I was sitting in our college cafeteria with Vishal. This Ishaan is fucking my mind.

"Umm. I'm sorry. I was just thinking about my exams." What a bad excuse it was, Aarohi.

"Oh. It's okay. I just wanted to talk to you." He said leaning forward to the table.

I was ignoring him after he confessed that he likes me. I've only seen him as a friend and I cannot make him more than that. But also if I spend more time with him, he might have hopes. And I don't want to give him false hope, as I know I will never feel for him more than friends.

"I confessed to you and I know you were ignoring me. But can we be just friends?" he said looking down. I somewhere knew this was coming, and this was the time I should clear all these. 

"Look. I will never feel more than friends for you. I've seen you just as a good friend since the rooftop party. And yes I've been ignoring you because if I spent time with you then..." I said but he cut me off and said "What? You will fall for me?" he said with a hopeful smile.

I closed my eyes and opened again to say "No. For this." I gestured my finger to his smile "I don't want to give you false hopes. Because I'm very sorted with my feelings. I've grown in a family with disturbed emotions and feelings. So if I say I would never fall for you, then I will never. And I didn't want to give you false hopes by spending time with you."

His smile vanished from his lips and I felt bad, but as I said I couldn't give him false hope. Being rude and straightforward with your feelings is 100 times better than giving someone false hopes about how you might fall in love with him someday. 

"Fine, I won't have hopes. But can you please be my friend? Please Aarohi. You are the only friend I have other than Ishaan." He said with those hopeful eyes again. I somewhere thought, maybe he won't keep hopes and we can be on good terms because he is really a good friend. 

"Until and unless you don't keep hope I'm fine." I said with a sly smile on my face.

"So Hi !! I'm Vishal." He said and forwarded his hand for a handshake.

I chuckled and said "Such a drama you are." With that I just forwarded my hand for the handshake.

Then after drinking our coffee, we went back to our respective direction. I was going towards my dorm when I saw Ishaan walking around in front of the dorm. The night was already dark and somewhere his eyes were darker. I sensed something off about him, but maybe he was just stressed and tired.