Chapter twenty-one

Chapter twenty-one

Aarohi Verma

Target ~ Votes: 40+ ; Comments: 20+ (you know it really hurts when you don't complete the targets, kya hi hai tumlogon ko main toh upload kar hi deti hu)

Growing up I have always been away from violence, because my parents did that and I hated it. I never believed in violence, neither have I stood for it. It makes me terrified even at the thought of someone hurting other physically. It scares the shit out of me. 

But here I was crying in Vaishnavi's arms because Ishaan hurt me: verbally and even physically. Due to his anger, he forgot that he was tightening the grip on my arm so much that it started hurting me. It left a red mark on my arm, and Vaishu applied a medicine on it.

I was crying the entire night. I started trusting Ishaan, his intentions, his behaviour, his kindness towards me. I started feeling safe and secure with him. I started believing that he might have feelings for me and he is not just using me.

But he just dragged everything into shit just because of his jealousy, as he said. He was jealous of Vishal? So does he really like me? Like like me? But even after saying that I wanted to be only friends with him, he tried to manhandle me and I hate him now even more. I can never think of him same way I was thinking for the past months. He really hurt me.

I didn't step out of Vaishu's room the next day. I didn't want to cross paths with him as of now. I know I have to someday, but not now. So I stayed in her room the entire day until a text appeared on my phone. The text said to come out for once to our location. And it didn't even take me a second to realise who texted. It was Ishaan.

After brain storming and discussing with Vaishu, I decided to go out. When I went out, there was guilty visible on his face. He apologised with hope in his eyes. He brought me books and muffins. He remembered every fucking thing about me, and yet he broke it just in a second. I was rather terrified about accepting his apology, so I just did what I always do. I shut off my emotions and said something which will definitely hurt him. And some way it hurt me even more.

I said "You don't need to say sorry and bring all these stuffs for me. We are nothing, and 'you' are nothing to me, neither I'm. So don't bother yourself."

And while saying all this I felt a stinging pain in my heart. It felt like someone was ripping my heart into pieces. Deep down I wanted to accept his apology, but I was too afraid that he might hurt me again; he might do something like this when he is angry and hence here I'm crying the shit out of me in Vaishu's arms again.

"Don't cry Aru.." vaishu said patting my back and smoothening her hand on my hair.

"My heart is feeling heavy, Vaishu." I said while sobbing.

"God Aarohi, You like him, too much." She said.

I detached myself from her and looked at her "I am fucking hurt here and you are saying that I like him, the one who hurt me."

She smiled and said "You don't cry easily Aru. You only cry when someone you love hurt you."

"I hate you." I said sniffling.

"But on a serious notes, did you really not forgave him?"she asked looking at me in confusion.

I sighed and replied in a low tone "I did, the moment I saw his eyes filled with hope, the same eye which soothes all my pain. It's hard not to forgive him, and it's even harder to accept it myself that I forgave him."

She smiled at me and said "anyways, you know fuck off this feeling for now because exams are going to start from next week."

I felt another rush of anxiety and started panicking. But Vaishnavi handled me and made me calm. I went back to my room only to see the books and muffins from earlier which Ishaan brought me, at my doorstep. I shouldn't take it, but my heart is a fool which told me to accept it. I'm not accepting his apology though. Because if I don't take it, he will probably throw all these. It's waste of money, and I'm against of it. So I just took it and the books were newly released, which was on my TBR, and he brought it. Fuck kya karu main Ishaan tumhara. And of course I ate all the muffins.