Chapter twenty-three

Aarohi Verma

Targets ~ Votes: 40+ ; Comments: 20+ 

Entering the auditorium, we became the centre of attention. But my eyes found Ishaan's ocean blue eyes, which I'm fond of and also which brings me peace. Ishaan was in a black formals and my goodness he was looking devastatingly gorgeous. I couldn't take my eyes off him. How can someone not like him? Yeah I hated him, but now I like him. But he needs to apologise today again or else I'm not approaching him.

He was about to approach me when Vishal came out of nowhere. But with my peripheral vision I could see Ishaan getting jealous and angry and I just smirked in my imagination. 

But here comes another twist, a girl came out of nowhere and hugged him. I was digging holes in her body with my eyes. How could she hug anyone out of nowhere? Why would he hug her? Why would he talk to her? And moreover, now he is dancing with her. I hate you Ishaan. One moment you are flirting, caring for me and then you do this shit. I felt too uneasy: first because of Vishal's hand touching my bare skin, and second Ishaan dancing with this chudail.

I just wanted to grab her by hair and push her away and dance with him. I'm a woman so I know what other women are feeling and what their intentions are. Just by her body language I can say she wants more from Ishaan. God what the fuck? Am I now jealous? This is how women feel in books when they are jealous. But I can't be jealous right? No no that's not possible. But during the entire dance Ishaan was looking at me. Not even for a single second he looked at that chudail. I smiled looking down. And the song ended.

After the first dance, he went to a corner to take his call and I was busy giggling and smiling with Vaishnavi. But after some times he came back on the stage standing beside that woman.

"Now let's play some good songs." The guy with mic said with a wink. "On the floor there will be four couples and they will change partners, the moment I will say 'change'." And everyone nodded with excitement. Whereas I was stealing glance at Ishaan. He was looking too gorgeous today.

And now on the floor there are four couples Ishaan & chudail, Shashank & Vaishnavi, Rohit & Aparna and Vishal & me. The song played on the speakers; it was 'Be intehaan'. Now I understand what he meant by 'good'. Everyone started swaying their body with music and Vishal tried to hold up a conversation, but I was too busy with Ishaan in my thoughts.

Then the guy said "Change" and we all girls were thrown to next partner. And I landed with Ishaan. He held me by waist by his both hands and mine were around the back of his neck. We were extremely close; we could feel out heartbeat, the heat and our chest heaving. I felt my heart racing crazy, as if it would come out any moment. 

We swayed our body and he said in his calmest voice "Aarohi, I'm sorry for that night." I looked up at him, and his eyes spoke louder than words, and I could feel his honesty.

Teri Baahon Me Mujhe Rehna Hai Raat Bhar
Teri Baahon Me Hogi Subah
Be Intehaan (Be-Inteha)
Be Intehaan... Hmmm

I want him. I do, in every possible way a women wants a man.

He kept looking at me for my reply and I did "It's okay. You are forgiven." I smiled, with that he smiled too. "Thank you, muffin."

"Why do you call me that?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

He leaned closer to my ears and said "Just like muffin is your favourite, the very same way you are my favourite."

His nose touched my skin and I shivered under his touch, I felt like someone opened the door to let thousands of butterflies into my stomach.