Chapter 13

Early the next morning, ZhouXiang drove to the set. They had to film an outdoor scene today so they all met up at the set and took the bus together.

Today's scene was a bit harsh. They needed to film in the water; it was about a five to six minutes fighting scene in the water. Just using a stuntman took half of the time. Now it's already Fall; the hottest temperature is at noon at about 18-19 degrees Celsius (64-65 Fahrenheit) but the water is much colder.

ZhouXiang did not complain about anything. Filming work is just like this, having to grind their teeth to work in all kinds of arduous scenes in all kinds of weather. Making money is not an easy thing.

After more than half an hour, WangYuDong arrived with his assistant. The number of times that ZhouXiang seen him had increased recently. They filmed separately before but hearing that Director Wang's next movie is a 3D fantasy movie and with WangYuDong striving for the leading role, he had to come to the studio more often.

Although the actor and the body double do not need to film together, the effect is better when done together. Director Wang took things very seriously and is a perfectionist. Every time he requested that WangYuDong and ZhouXiang come together. But when WangYuDong doesn't have any scenes, he rarely comes. So when he came today, Director Wang's mood is a bit better.

ZhouXiang was putting on makeup in the temporary built shack when WangYuDong came in. ZhouXiang saw him from the mirror. He smile and greeted, "Dong Ge, you're here."

WangYuDong smiled and turned to MiYou, "Miss, dye the hair on his temple. His hair color is obviously darker than mine."

MiYou glanced at the clock and felt they are a bit tight with time. She was just about to open her mouth when ZhouXiang pulled her sleeve and used his eyes to signal her not to talk.

Since childhood, ZhouXiang had experienced the fickleness of human nature, observing people's words and actions are his most basic survival skill. With WangYuDong's temperament, ZhouXiang could surmise at about 80-90% if at 100% assurance with just a glance that WangYuDong is in a very bad mood, though the big star's smile still appears charming. It's likely that the company forced him to come to appease Director Wang, but having to get up so early, he must have been very reluctant.

ZhouXiang is more willing to interact with those people who are irritable and straightforward than to have conflict with a person like WangYuDong, whose outside appearance differ from his inner personality. It is better to go along with him as much as possible, so he quickly reminded MiYou that WangYuDong is not in a good mood and is just being deliberate in using this as an excuse to upset Director Wang.

MiYou pursed her lips very displeasingly. Although hair dying doesn't take that much time, the main point is that ZhouXiang's wig had already been set. To dye it, the wig needs to be removed, dyed and then put on again. It would take another 10 minutes. It's almost time to start shooting. When Director Wang is angry, it's naturally that he would scold at her and ZhouXiang.

WangYuDong sat next to ZhouXiang as if nothing happened. His personal makeup artist immediately began to apply makeup on him.

MiYou had no choice but to quickly removed the wig from ZhouXiang and started dyeing his hair. The hair cream is a one-time use. The process was quick. Xiao Liu also came to help. The two got busy and quickly forgot that five minutes had passed. The assistant director came over with a dark expression and frowned at MiYou as she was putting the wig on ZhouXiang. He said with dissatisfaction, "Everyone is waiting for you."

MiYou apologized for a bit; she felt so wronged that her eyes are a little red.

ZhouXiang smiled apologetically, "Zhang Ge, I'm sorry. Last night's game lost is fucking terrible or else I would've gotten up half an hour earlier."