Chapter 79 - ZhouXiang Meets YanMingSu

ZhouXiang ha just gotten home with ChenYing when the phone rang. He picked up and saw that it is a text message from YanMingXiu asking him to go over now. He had planned to personally cook a meal today, but now he had to find an excuse to leave.

After he arrived at the condo, YanMingXiu hadn’t returned yet. ZhouXiang remembered that he hadn’t had time to eat so he turned on the stove to cook some noodles for himself. As he was cooking, the doorbell rang.

ZhouXiang washed his hands and went to open the door. He casually looked through the peephole and thought that it was YanMingXiu forgetting to bring his key so he opened the door. As soon as he opened the door, he paused and stared blankly. Looking closely, the person standing outside the door is not YanMingXiu but look so much like YanMingXiu, just a few years older. This person’s temperament is calm and reserved, like YanMingXiu. It is a look that is not easy for people to get close but he’s not as gloomy looking as YanMingXiu.

He immediately realized that this person might be YanMingXiu’s older brother.

The man standing at the door gave him a fleeting glance. He didn’t seem at all surprise. He said, “I am MingXiu’s older brother, my name is YanMingSu.”

ZhouXiang nodded, “Please come in.” He could pretty much guess YanMingSu’s purpose for coming. He’s heard that this person is highly prestigious, is young and promising; it is unimaginable how far his future career can go.

YanMingSu walked in as if this was his home. He looked around the condo, “I heard that this condo was originally prepared for me. MingXiu can be so rash. I’m only one person, why do I need to live in such a big place?”

YanMingSu glanced at ZhouXiang and intentionally pointed out, “But he’s done things even more rash.”

ZhouXiang responded casually, “Have a sit. He’ll be back soon. Things between you and your brother should be discussed amongst yourselves.”

He is not at all interested in YanMingSu’s purpose for coming here since he’s already taken the money. Although the transfer of the condo is not yet complete, he didn’t care whether he gets it or not. With the money he already has, plus his own work, he’ll be able to manage ChenYing’s treatment as well as support them. Besides, his and YanMingXiu’s relationship is not one that is deeply in love where they rely on each other. He really hopes that it’s like those scenes in those melodrama TV series where this big brother from the Yan family will throw a check on his face. He’ll happily take the money and leave.

He dreamed of being farther away from YanMingXiu. Being too close is too painful. If not for ChenYing, he would never torture himself in such a way.

YanMingSu seems to be a little surprised. This person didn’t appear to be nervous or lowly, which makes him feel quite unexpected. He (YanMingSu) really didn’t know whether he (ZhouXiang) completely lacked shame or was the barrier in his heart really that strong.

YanMingSu sat down on the sofa and asked, “What’s your name?”

“ZhouXiang.”

YanMingSu narrowed his eyes, “What?”

“ZhouXiang, the Zhou from Duke of Zhou and Xiang from “flying Xiang.” ZhouXiang pointed to the kitchen, “I’m cooking noodle right now, have a sit, I’m going to go check on it (the noodles).”

YanMingSu looked at ZhouXiang’s back silhouette.

ZhouXiang? This person is also ZhouXiang?

This name was once taboo between him and YanMingXiu. During the time when his dumb brother was on the verge of death because of a man, he had constantly heard this name from YanMingXiu’s mouth. He was extremely busy with his work during the time but still had to watch over YanMingXiu and hide it from the family. At the time, he even had the inclination to kill YanMingXiu.