Chapter 29

Very soon, it was almost the New Year’s holiday. ZhouXiang realized that YanMingXiu’s mood is getting worse and worse with each passing day. At times, he would often hide himself in the study room for a long time. Sometimes he would just sit in front of the TV, not saying a word.

One day, ZhouXiang finally couldn’t help himself from asking whether his business wasn’t going well. After all, the year-end is usually very busy.

He actually never knew what YanMingXiu does. It seems to be related to finance or investment banking and the like. But those are things ZhouXiang don’t understand and have always been too lazy to ask. He knew that YanMingXiu has good income. The things he buys are always the best. The two never did separate their spending for the home; it’s always been whoever buying whatever they need, neither of them really bickered over financial matters.

Borrowing YanMingXiu’s glory, ZhouXiang also got to use many good things.

Generally, there are many pressing things that needed to be resolved at the end of the year so being busy is inevitable. Even ZhouXiang, who usually doesn’t have to go to work, had to go help prepare for the company’s annual meeting these days. Seeing YanMingXiu’s expression, he’s obviously been overworked.

YanMingXiu shook his head, “It’s nothing,” After that, he sullenly went into the room.

ZhouXiang wanted to help him but even with good intentions, he was powerless.

Early this morning, ZhouXiang went to the company again. CaiWei made him the assistant to help with the planning and preparation of the annual meeting. The hotel venue has not yet been decided. ZhouXiang went with the event planner to scope out several hotels, but they have yet to find a suitable venue.

He has just gotten into the company door when CaiWei saw him and pulled him over, his face full of caution as he uttered, “Ah Xiang, I really didn’t think that you were this capable.”

ZhouXiang is baffled.

“Did you know that Director Wang designated you to take part in the filming of this new movie? He said that he would give you a supporting role.”

ZhouXiang was surprised, “Really?”

“Yes, really. How did you convince this old madman?”

“I also don’t know, maybe because I can relatively endure his craziness?”

CaiWei scoffed and smiled, “That’s possible, regardless, you can’t miss this opportunity. How many people would want to snatch this chance to show their faces in his movies? After getting this role, maybe you’ll never have to be a stuntman ever again.”

ZhouXiang is already thirty years old. In the first few years, he dreamt of hitting it big with a signature role. However, after drifting along for such a long time and having experienced so many things, he knew that even if he wanted to become famous and all the stars are aligned, it is something that is hard to attain. Especially with his ordinary conditions, he didn’t think that this opportunity would really come.

ZhouXiang’s desire to be a star is not great, but he wanted to make more money. To pursue a better quality of life is human nature. Although ZhouXiang is not strongly materialistic, he didn’t want to let go of the opportunity to make money.

“But WangYuDong…”

“Hey, why care about him? This time you’re not his stuntman. It is Director Wang who insisted on you. You’re not acting the same role as him. You can’t possibly offend him. President Wang also supports you. You just get yourself ready to invite the screenwriter out for a meal so he can give you and LanXiRong a few more scenes.” CaiWei happily patted his arm, “Ah Xiang, Wei Ge has always hoped to bring you to a better place, you’re just on your own, you must make as much money as you can while you’re still young.”