Chapter 39

CaiWei’s wife was not feeling well so he stayed home on this day to be with her. Upon seeing ZhouXiang, he was startled for a moment. Then, he immediately grabbed onto his collar and shouted, “Where the fuck were you these past two days! If you’re not dead, I wanna hear how you’re going to fucking explain this!”

ZhouXiang look exhausted as he pushed CaiWei’s chest to get him into the home, “Wei Ge, let’s talk inside.”

CaiWei also realized that ZhouXiang’s expression is ghastly paled, as if he had experienced some sort of tragedy. This made him even more worried.

He had known ZhouXiang for more than ten years. ZhouXiang is a very responsible and reliable person. The things ZhouXiang agreed on, he would never back out of. There has to be some reason. Even if he was to change his mind the last minute, he would not have turned off his phone and just disappear without reason. He will definitely tell him so they that they can be prepared. The only possibility is that something happened beyond ZhouXiang’s control.

Therefore, CaiWei was in a panic, afraid that ZhouXiang might have been in an accident. He had planned to go to ZhouXiang’s home last night, but helplessly, his wife wasn’t feeling well. He didn’t sleep all night and couldn’t get away. At this time, LanXiRong had already gone to ZhouXiang’s home.

Before hearing anything from LanXiRong, ZhouXiang actually appeared at his home.

CaiWei pulled him into his home and shoved him on the sofa. His wife came out of the bedroom and looked at them anxiously.

CaiWei had his wife go back into the room and closed the door. Then he sat down on the sofa next to ZhouXiang and gravely asked, “What the hell is going on?”

ZhouXiang was too lazy to make up any excuses at this time. He slowly muttered, “YanMingXiu didn’t let me go.”

“YanMingXiu didn’t let you go? Why?” CaiWei quickly reacted. YanMingXiu is WangYuDong’s future rother-in law.

ZhouXiang glanced at him, confirming what he (CaiWei) suspected, “WangYuDong called him and have him stop me from going. He…in short. I couldn’t make it.”

“Fuck, he’s really fucking using force to bully people!!” CaiWei is so furious that he almost smashed the coffee table, “How did he stop you? He couldn’t possibly have tied you up?”

ZhouXiang didn’t utter a word, which by itself is silently admitting it.

CaiWei is incensed, “What the fuck!! You guys have been together for so long; did he not feel a bit of sentiments toward you? Not to mention that WangYuDong has not officially married his sister, even if they have, he can’t be that ruthless to you!”

ZhouXiang sighed, “Wei Ge, it’s useless to say that now, Director Wang’s and President Wang’s side, I don’t know how to explain it. I don’t dare to see them.”

“You also don’t want to see them. Director Wang is furious, same with President Wang. Ah Xiang, I’ve already said earlier. If you don’t come, you really can’t work in the entertainment industry anymore, you understand?” CaiWei carefully observed ZhouXiang’s expression, afraid that he couldn’t take it.

When ZhouXiang had just finished school in his 20s, CaiWei arranged for him to do meager odd jobs with the crew. Most of them were labor intensive with low pay. Gradually, some of the jobs would blend in with some roles that could expose the face or there could be a line or two. After three to four years, he began to get into the martial arts stuntman profession. Although being a martial arts stuntman is considered a relatively low ranking career in the entertainment industry, at least in terms of income, it is much better than ordinary white-collar workers. ZhouXiang did not have the burden of caring for a wife nor taking care of the elders (since his parents had passed), so this income is enough for him to live a good life. He is also content with that. Moreover, in recent years, since he had gotten connections with many people, he has begun to pick up some martial arts supporting roles and stunt coordinator type of work. His prospects are definitely better. All this, he accumulated from his years of effort. But because of this matter, it had all been destroyed.