Chapter 70-YanMingXiu Is Skeptical

The two people looked at each other like this, both with heavy thoughts weighing on their minds. Without moving or saying anything else, YanMingXiu tried to probingly see something from ZhouXiang’s expression but ZhouXiang’s puzzled expression only looked calmly at YanMingXiu.

He will never let YanMingXiu discover that he is that (older) ZhouXiang. He is not willing to let anyone know that (older) ZhouXiang is alive again and is still walking the same path that he had traveled before.

YanMingXiu didn’t intend to let him off as he persistently asked, “Don’t ask why. What I ask, you answer. Tell me what you know.”

ZhouXiang decided to be ignorant to the end, “Then ask.”

“How did you get into an accident?”

“My mom said that it was from being crushed by heavy equipment during work.”

“You used to be a contracted model for JiNian Media. Who have you been in contact with?”

“President Yan, I’ve already said that I lost my memory, I really don’t remember.”

YanMingXiu’s face is very unsightly. He wanted to decipher from ZhouXiang’s expression whether or not he was speaking the truth. He’s always felt that something like memory lost should not have happened to him (ZhouXiang), but the investigation results showed that his symptoms of memory loss are confirmed by the hospital.

This person and (older) ZhouXiang have too many similarities and too many coincidences. So much that YanMingXiu definitely didn’t believe that all this is absolutely just “coincidences.” He felt that there is a thick layer of satin gauze in front of him. If he could open this satin gauze, he would be able to see the truth. Unfortunately, this is something he’s unable to do. This matter has exceeded his imagination. He can’t make an effective judgment. He even wondered if he is being delusional from his desperate longing to see ZhouXiang alive. Unwilling to give up, YanMingXiu persistently asked, “You… did you have any dreams the time you were comatose? Were you conscious?”

ZhouXiang shook his head. “Not at all, my memory stopped on the day of my accident.”

Without any evidence, YanMingXiu can’t determine whether or not ZhouXiang is speaking the truth. He’s soon to be driven crazy by this strange fantasy in his mind.

ZhouXiang once again asked, “President Yan, why are you asking about this?” He could guess that YanMingXiu probably doubted his identity. After all, these coincidences are really strange. But does YanMingXiu’s expression have to look so distorted?

Perhaps, he felt very unlucky seeing the shadow of a “dead man” in a living person.

YanMingXiu was aware that he couldn’t get any more concrete answers from him so he just lowered his head in frustration, not giving any response.

ZhouXiang merely sat quietly. His many years of acting experience in this career has brought him the benefits of not only being able to support himself, but also a certain level of acting skills. Although the waves in his heart are like the surging tides, as long as he doesn’t panic, he could make himself appear calm on the surface.

He believes that he can fool people, with the premise that he absolutely not panic.

YanMingXiu lifted his head; his voice full of exhaustion, “We’re going to GuiZhou tomorrow, are you done packing??”

“All done.”

YanMingXiu pointed to his bedroom, “Go and help me pack. The luggage is on top of the closet.”

ZhouXiang was eager to leave as quickly as possible. He walked into the bedroom and starts to put a few sets of clothes appropriate to be worn for this season into the luggage. It should be very cold in the mountains so he added a down jacket. After adding the down jacket, he thought that he should also add some warm pants. But he couldn’t find the pants where the pajamas are placed. This closet has three levels, all crowded with clothes. If one isn’t familiar, it would not be easy to find anything.