Chapter 51

[In CaiWei’s Office]

“Surname Lan, aren’t you being shameless? If it wasn’t for giving face to ZhouXiang, there wouldn’t be a place for you here.” YanMingXiu’s face is unsightly as he glared at LanXiRong.

Not to be outdone, LanXiRong sneered, “I know that your Yan family is powerful and influential but isn’t abroad too far for your family to reach? You don’t have to use this to threaten me. I don’t depend on you for a living. What do you mean by giving face to Xiang Ge? You’re just feeling guilty. If it wasn’t for you, Xiang Ge wouldn’t have died!”

YanMingXiu shouted angrily, “You fucking talk more shit, I’ll tear your mouth! ZhouXiang is not dead. Without seeing his body, he must still be alive! You bastard actually stormed into our home. What shit talk with this thief coming into the condo, that thief is you!”

He got the call from CaiWei in the middle of the night. CaiWei informed him that a thief had gone in and burglarized ZhouXiang’s home and that he should come back to deal with it.

After ZhouXiang’s accident, the key to the condo had always been in YanMingXiu’s hands. YanMingXiu did not allow anyone to move any of ZhouXiang’s things. It’s as if ZhouXiang will come back some day. He’ll go back from time to time. Sometimes he’ll stay for a while, sometimes for a few days. Whenever he felt that he could get over it and move on, he would leave.

To him, this is a home that can’t be violated in any manner. It is the place that holds all of his and ZhouXiang’s memories, belonging only to the two of them. Not to mention a thief, even if CaiWei and LanXiRong were to step into this place, he wanted to kill them.

CaiWei knew that YanMingXiu had possession to all of ZhouXiang’s things. When LanXiRong called him to come to the condo, the two discussed for a long time on how to handle this matter. LanXiRong wanted to report it to the police, not wanting to inform YanMingXiu. He never agreed to YanMingXiu having the rights to this condo anyway. However, after repeated considerations, CaiWei first notified YanMingXiu. If they were to inform the police and this matter got out of hand, YanMingXiu would still find out. Not only that, but exposing either one of them would have enough gossip to feed the media for three months. If they really reported to the police, how is this going to end? CaiWei didn’t just have to consider the pressure from YanMingXiu but also LanXiRong’s image.

In the end, YanMingXiu quickly rushed back to Beijing that night. CaiWei knew that he would rush back. Although he hated YanMingXiu, he didn’t dare to offend him. LanXiRong has a bit of the ignorance of a newborn calf. He was not afraid of tigers. For one, he’s young. For two, his career is centralized in Europe and America. It would not be easy for YanMingXiu to mess with him so he’s not afraid. In addition, LanXiRong had always blamed YanMingXiu for ZhouXiang’s death. It is already good enough that LanXiRong didn’t pounce on YanMingXiu upon seeing him, not to mention giving him face.

CaiWei could only be the mediator between the two. He shouted, “This meeting is to exchange information and think of a way to catch the thief so that we could get ZhouXiang’s thi… things back. What the fuck can you guys get out of continuing to argue!?”

After he finished shouting, the two of them calmed down a bit.

YanMingXiu sat back down on the sofa with his head lowered and his shoulders shuddering a bit.

LanXiRong took a few big breaths, “Call the police, we won’t reveal ourselves. Wei Ge, you do it. This neighborhood is too old. There is probably no surveillance. But outside the neighborhood is a street, so there must be surveillance at the intersections. Maybe he was captured.”

CaiWei looked at YanMingXiu and asked, “Have you checked ZhouXiang’s things? What’s missing?”

“The money in the bedside table and a few of his cards.”