Chapter 53

When Zhang Jie called him, it was the next morning. She complained to ZhouXiang on the phone for a long time, saying that he should’ve listened to her before and that he shouldn’t have discussed this with CaiWei. Now that it had delayed for this long, WangYuDong’s side had already found a stuntman.

ZhouXiang only now realized that CaiWei had put the responsibility of delaying the time on him. He could only apologize. He thought that this time there will be no chances for him.

He didn’t expect that Zhang Jie would still ask him to go there. She said that if he performed better than the other stuntman, he can replace him. WangYuDong never cared about the money. What he pursued is quality.

ZhouXiang rushed to the set before noon following her request.

Zhang Jie was waiting for him at the entrance. When she saw him, she quickly said, “You finally came. To tell you the truth, the chances are not high. It all depends on you. If you get it, don’t forget about me.”

ZhouXiang nodded, “Definitely won’t. Thank you, Zhang Jie.”

When the two entered, WangYuDong was discussing the script with the director. ZhouXiang looked at this man that he was very familiar with. WangYuDong was still as handsome and refined as ever. Wherever he goes, there is this aura from him that people couldn’t bear to neglect; however, ZhouXiang hated him very much. In fact, ZhouXiang never felt that WangYuDong did anything wrong. People are fully justified to only look after their own self-interest. WangYuDong was also just looking out for himself. It was just that ZhouXiang was jealous of him. Because of YanMingXiu’s matters, ZhouXiang was too ashamed to show his face in front of WangYuDong.

He desperately wanted to forget the past but the past will not leave him alone. Instead, it is even drawing closer toward him. Now he is again standing with WangYuDong and be his stuntman. To him, this really happened not too long ago.

When the two approached, WangYuDong looked up at them.

ZhouXiang suppressed himself from panicking. Just like when he first came in contact with WangYuDong before, he respectfully addressed, “Dong Ge.”

He knew quite a bit about WangYuDong. WangYuDong especially likes to be flattered.

When ZhouXiang thought of his own hypocritical smile he began to hate himself.

WangYuDong “hmm”, and smiled kindly, “You were the one that Zhang Jie was talking about? What’s your name?”

“Zhou……Zhou Yang.”

“Oh. Zhang Jie was full of praises for you but JuXing responded too late. My side has already recommended someone. But if you really do better than him, I will pick the best. Of course, the compensation will also make you very satisfied. It just depends on whether you have abilities or not.” WangYuDong patted him on the shoulder and smiled, “Don’t be nervous. Perform well. My works had always seek for perfection.”

ZhouXiang nodded, “I’ll try my best.”

“Xiao Gu, take him to put on makeup and give him a stuntman costume. Hurry up.”

A girl responded as she pulled ZhouXiang and left.

Half an hour later, after getting dressed up for the role, he followed Xiao Gu to the set.

ZhouXiang knew this film director from before. But now, of course, this director doesn’t know him. ZhouXiang nodded, “Director Zhao.”

Director Zhao glanced at him, “Who is this?”

Xiao Gu explained, “Dong Ge’s stuntman.”

“Wasn’t there one already?” said the individual standing not far away from Director Zhao and frowned as he glanced over.