Chapter 89: Attending LanXiRong's MV Release

After ZhouXiang quietly returned home, he fell asleep as soon as his head hit the bed. He slept until noon of the next day.

ChenYing knocked on his door, “ZhouXiang, get up. Someone is looking for you.”

ZhouXiang hazily opened his eyes and bolted out of bed. His first reaction was that YanMingXiu had come. Since he turned off his cell phone, YanMingXiu could most likely come directly to find him.

ZhouXiang asked while getting dressed, “Mom, who is it?”

“It’s LanXiRong. He’s waiting for you so hurry up.”

ZhouXiang heaved a sigh of relief. After he got dressed, he simply washed up and walked out of his room.

LanXiRong was sitting in the living room, patiently responding to all sorts of questions from Aunt Wang while signing an autograph.

“XiRong?”

LanXiRong turned his head and smiled, “Xiang Ge, your phone is turned off so I came here to pick you up.”

“You must have forgotten with so many things going on recently. Today is the release of my new album. I want to take you there.”

When ChenYing heard their conversation, her heart beated like drums. Why is this big celebrity, surnamed Lan so respectful toward her son, always addressing him “Xiang Ge”? It felt like ZhouXiang is really his big brother. This made her so happy that she couldn’t say anything.

ZhouXiang’s face paled; his expression exhaustive but he forced himself to liven up and smiled embarrassingly, “I’ve forgotten. Sorry. Wait for me a bit. Let me change into a suit, then we can leave immediately.”

“Don’t need to. I’ve already prepared a set of clothes for you in the car. You can get your hair done when we get there. We’re tight on time, let’s go now.”

ZhouXiang said, “Okay, let’s go.”

ChenYing was just about to say something when LanXiRong smiled and said, “Auntie, turn the TV channel to XX 4pm this afternoon. The promotional event will be a broadcasted live. You’ll be able to see me and Xiang Ge.”

“Okay, okay!” The two old ladies chuckled so happily that they couldn’t even close their mouths. ChenYing is even more proud of her son. He’s just great no matter what.

ZhouXiang followed LanXiRong into the car. Once LanXiRong got into the car, the smile he exhibited earlier in front of ChenYing disappeared, replacing it with a serious expression, “Xiang Ge, Wei Ge and I thought of another method. It’s the last resort. Since there are no other ways at this time, we could just go directly into the home to take back your important things.”

ZhouXiang hesitated for a bit. He lowered his head and sighed, “There’s no need to.”

“Are you worried of being caught by the police? You don’t have to go, I’ll find someone to. You make a list……”

“XiRong, thank you,” ZhouXiang turned his head and smiled softly, “But I already went there.”

LanXiRong’s eyes widened as he slammed on the brakes, “You……you already went? When?”

“Last night.”

LanXiRong quickly asked, “Then were you able to get your things?”

“No, but I didn’t need to.” ZhouXiang reached out and stroked LanXiRong’s head, “XiRong, you’ve grown up a lot and helped me a lot. Xiang Ge is very grateful to you but you don’t have to worry about this matter anymore.”

“Xiang Ge, what do you mean?”

ZhouXiang smiled stiffly, “I ran into YanMingXiu when I went.”

LanXiRong is stunned. His heart suddenly beat rapidly. Hearing this news put him at a complete loss on what to do.