Chapter 116 - Talking to Mother Yan

ZhouXiang rushed to the hospital.

Initially, he felt that YanMingSu was exaggerating. No matter how one puts it, YanMingXiu is his son; to what extent can YanFei beat him? Therefore, although he was dejected, he wasn’t too worried.

But when he got to the hospital, ZhouXiang is shocked.

YanMingXiu’s face had no marks but his arm is in a cast and his eyes are closed with his brows bunched up, looking very uncomfortable.

YanMingSu is sitting on the side of his bed working on his laptop. After ZhouXiang came in, he made a “hush” movement, then put down his laptop and pulled ZhouXiang out of the room.

YanMingSu whispered, “He just fell asleep, talk out here.”

ZhouXiang quickly asked, “Is his arm broken?”

“Yeah, it’s broken,” YanMingSu seems to be used to it, “His ribs also fractured.”

ZhouXiang’s face changed, “You… your dad… from your dad’s beating?” A parent’s teaching of his child is fully justified, but he rarely saw a parent laying such heavy hand on his own son. How could he have the heart to do that to his own child?

“Yes, my dad doesn’t easily beat people because he can’t control himself when he starts.” YanMingSu glanced at the back room, “Beat him with a baton.”

ZhouXiang looked at YanMingXiu’s tightly closed eyes from afar, feeling immense pain. He was so depressed that even his shoulders drooped, having to lean against the wall, at a loss.

YanMingSu glanced at ZhouXiang and said, “You don’t have to worry too much. My dad didn’t hit his vitals. When I was young, I’ve angered him a lot but it was all trifling matters. MingXiu angered him less but it was very big matters every time. If my dad didn’t control himself then, he would have killed him, “YanMingSu shrugged his shoulders, “In fact, there is some advantage to this. After he finished hitting us, my mom would have a fight with him. Afterward, we would have some peaceful days.”

ZhouXiang gnawed his teeth, “Isn’t he your fucking real father?”

YanMingSu said with a blank expression, “Being able to live to the present, of course, is real.”

“I’m going to go in to see him?”

YanMingSu nodded, “Go in. He had been waiting for you this entire time, then couldn’t wait anymore and fell asleep.”

ZhouXiang walked quietly to the side of the bed and looked at YanMingXiu’s paled face, he couldn’t describe the agony his heart. If the beating was from someone else, he could pick up a rod and beat the person for revenge. But this is YanMingXiu’s old man, what can he do? What can YanMingXiu do?

Almost without thinking about it, he also knew why YanMingXiu was beaten. It had to do with him rashly and crudely running to the Yan family home and saying a bunch of mindlessly careless words that are beyond his position. He did so with unconstrained courage and persistence but didn’t consider YanMingXiu.

He dared to laugh at YanMingXiu for being dumb? In this relationship, no one is smarter than the other, because one ends up losing more miserably than the other.

ZhouXiang stretched out his fingers to gently touch his cheek. He just wanted to feel YanMingXiu’s temperature with his fingertips because his face is too pale, looking as if there is no trace of blood.

With such a slight touch, YanMingXiu immediately opened his eyes. His eyes went from blurred to awake. After seeing who is in front of him, he revealed a gentle smile, “Xiang Ge, you’ve come.”