Chapter 43

ZhouXiang went to the studio to work as usual on Monday. Since he is still in the training stage, he can only do some menial odd tasks in various sets. This kind of work, he had done almost ten years ago. Unexpectedly, he had to start all over again.

When he arrived at the sets, many of his colleagues had already arrived. He heard several girls chatting continuously about something.

“That can’t be right? YanMingXiu doesn’t talk much?”

“Yeah, I’ve never heard him say a word. I was wondering if he was a mute. Could it be that the nice voice in the film was dubbed?”

“Aigh yah, he can talk. He just doesn’t like to talk, that’s all. He’s pretty cool like that.”

“How’s that cool? I think that it’s too abnormal. Is there such person in the entertainment industry who doesn’t laugh or talk? If it wasn’t for his family’s influential background and his attractive looks, he wouldn’t have been popular.”

ZhouXiang passed by them and smiled lightly, “Ladies, there are all kinds of people in the entertainment circle. These kinds of words are okay to talk about among friends but don’t let other people hear it.”

These girls were stunned. They couldn’t understand how a newcomer like ZhouXiang would dare lecture them.

ZhouXiang subconsciously realized that he’s no longer a senior. But for a moment, he couldn’t hold back.

Although he really can’t help but want to warn these naive girls who don’t seem to understand anything, the bigger reason is that he really didn’t want to hear anything about YanMingXiu. Unfortunately, he knew that this was impossible. As long as he’s working in the entertainment industry, he will be forced to hear about YanMingXiu’s various news.

Fortunately, Ah Liu just came over and eased his embarrassment. Ah Liu glared at them, “Ladies, be nice. How can you say these words so carelessly? Do you know what family the “Yan” from YanMingXiu’s surname is from? You need to suffer a bit to know? Hurry up and get to work!”

The girls scattered and each went to do their work.

ZhouXiang helped Lao Zhou move the lighting equipment. As he was moving, he was a bit lost in his thoughts. His mind kept thinking about YanMingXiu’s cold, expressionless face on the big screen.

He really didn’t expect YanMingXiu to become like this. YanMingXiu didn’t seem to have a bit of enthusiasm for this profession. But then…why did he get into it?

“Be careful!” Lao Zhou shouted as he grabbed ZhouXiang.

ZhouXiang suddenly regained his senses. His foot mis-stepped and he almost fell down the steps. It didn’t matter if he fell, but if he damaged the equipment in his hands, he won’t be able to afford it.

Lao Zhou glanced at him condemningly and took the equipment himself, “What’s going on? What are you thinking?”

ZhouXiang only smiled apologetically. Following his natural warming personality, he liked to make jokes to alleviate the awkwardness so he blurted out, “I was just thinking about the sweet and sour pork ribs that sister-in-law (T/N) makes.”

T/N: Sister-in-law here is referring to Lao Zhou’s wife.

Once these words were spoken, the both of them froze. ZhouXiang can’t wait to punch himself twice. How long is it going to take for him to adapt to this identity change?

But this really can’t be blamed on him. In his memory, he was still that ZhouXiang a month ago. In just a month, he became this current ZhouXiang. He needed to change how he used to speak and his style of doing things. He also needed to pretend that the people he knew before are complete strangers now. Only in doing so, can he be at ease at any time. But when his mind is distracted, this is easier said than done.