Chapter 69

Chapter 69 – Asking About the Accident

ZhouXiang slept for more than ten hours. When he woke up, the sun was soon to set.

It’s not that he had enough sleep but he woke up mainly needing to pee. He shook his throbbing head and got down from the bed. Once his foot landed on the ground, his legs went soft. If it wasn’t for his hands holding the bed supporting him, he would have definitely fallen to the ground.

The aching pain in a specific lower area of his body embarrassingly reminded him of what happened last night.

With much difficulty, ZhouXiang propped up his body and wobbled to the bathroom, and cleaned himself thoroughly.

The house is very quiet. YanMingXiu had left at some time ago. ZhouXiang got dressed and walked out of the room holding his waist. Looking at the clock, it was already four o’clock in the afternoon.

He suddenly remembered that he should call ChenYing.

He dialed her phone. At this time, ChenYing is doing dialysis at the hospital. Immediately after picking up the call, she complained, “How could you just be calling now? I’ve called you several times this morning. I know that your work is busy but you should have the time to pick up a phone call right? Mom would worry.”

ZhouXiang remorsefully apologized, “I’ll for sure call you ahead of time if I’m not coming home in the future.”

“Then are you coming back today?”

“Today…” ZhouXiang is momentarily astounded. Should he ask YanMingXiu first? This big boss obviously needs him to be available at all times. He thought about it. “If I don’t have anything to do tonight, I’ll definitely be back.”

His answer is the equivalent to not saying anything. ChenYing ended the call disappointedly.

After ZhouXiang hung up the phone, he felt hungry so he made a bowl of noodles for himself and ate it in the empty room.

Although he was drunk last night, he could actually still remember many details. It’s just that YanMingXiu’s somewhat brutal actions made him feel very unfamiliar. He seemed to have been able to feel the despair vented from YanMingXiu’s body, this feeling affecting him inch by inch, making him fall into a kind of inexplicable madness.

YanMingXiu really has changed a lot. But hasn’t he also? Time…can really change a person completely.

Even after he finished eating, YanMingXiu still hasn’t called. ZhouXiang didn’t think that there would be anything going on today so he got dressed and returned home. After going home, he accompanied ChenYing for a while. Then he went into the room to rest. He still had a hangover. His head is throbbing. Since he didn’t have to do any filming today, he must get a good rest.

Not long after lay down, his cell phone rang. At first glance it was a strange number. He hesitated before connecting the call.

A strange voice sounded, “Hello, is this ZhouXiang?”

ZhouXiang pondered a bit. It seems to be TanYin. He pretended to not hear him since he didn’t want to have any association with this man, “That’s me, may I ask who this is?”

The phone on the other line suddenly paused and then made a dissatisfactory ‘squeaky’ sound, “You really can’t tell? Or you’re being deliberate?”

ZhouXiang didn’t say anything even though he was a bit impatient.

TanYin felt that it was no fun and helplessly responded, “It’s me TanYin.”

“Oh, hello.”

TanYin awkwardly responded, “We’re hanging out. Why don’t you come join us? Ah Wu and Xiao Cai are here.”