Clouds ensnare the dark skies as the night glow slowly dimmed away. Even if the night has just come, blood has already spilled as the fresh crimson metallic liquid flowed smoothly down the demons’ throats. Death haunts everyone’s dreams as the people pray that they won’t become victims of the monsters that lurk at night. 

A world with a morality like this, only the strong can survive. 

A figure stood underneath the grim sky, his stomach full from his previous hunt. Six eyes opened revealing the kanji “Upper Moon 1”, as the demon glazed at the clouds with emptiness. They were depressing and ugly to look at. Aside from serving his master’s wishes, nothing excites him anymore.

He didn’t need his humanity.

Nor did he need his brother. 

Human emotions was something he abandoned a long time ago, and he didn’t care.

Life has been a gift after filling himself with hatred and jealousy, and he was free from all the obligations of a samurai. He didn’t need for stupid trainings and exhuasting himself to the bitter end.

He was strong now. 

A rustle of bushes and a pair of soft feet alerted the demon, breaking him out of his little dream. He glanced behind him with an emotionless face to see a girl of average height, no older than seventeen or eighteen. 

She wore a (f/c) kimono decorated with white sakura petals that fell towards her thighs, along with black tights and sandals that protected her feet. A katana was in her hand - a white nichirin blade. The demon can see by the way she was holding it, she wasn’t properly trained. There wasn’t even a scaffold to put the blade in. 

At least he was generous enough to create a place for his weapon.

She lifted her head of (h/c) hair that was braided to the side and opened her (e/c) eyes, meeting the demon six ones. She was just another human. A pitiful and weak one, and the demon almost wanted to smirk. 

She was going to die tonight.

He had never felt intimidated for decades and it was going to remain that way.

Until all of a sudden, his hand that was holding his eyed katana was sliced off cleanly, the separated body part landing in the distance. He was about to move but before he could see anything, his other free hand that was stretched in front of him was mauled off in an instant.

Huh? 

Who was she?

That agility and speed didn’t belong to an ordinary human being. 

Was she a demon slayer? 

No, she’s too good for that. 

Was she a hashira? 

No, all the hashiras he fought in the past were no match for her. 

She wasn’t even clad in the typical demon slayer uniform. 

Hands regenerating, the demon drew another blade from his body and unleashed a fury of slashes towards the girl, who dodged as if it was nothing. Her agile body floated gracefully, like an angel avoiding the devil’s grasping hand. 

Fangs bared as the memories of him moving at a turtle’s pace resurfaced in his mind. It was happening again. A girl who doesn’t even know how to hold a sword properly was effortlessly dodging attacks from someone who’s spent all his life to perfect this. Her blade reflected each of his offenses, her cold eyes finally meeting his. 

It reminded the demon of him. 

That good for nothing, talented, and strong younger brother. 

“Breath of the Moon, Fifth Form - Moon Spirit Calamitous Eddy.”