十四

The butterfly estate stood before (name), as she followed the two kakushis who were panting and heaving. Tanjiro sweatdropped at how tired they were since both kakushis literally chased after (name) when she went the wrong way.

They led (name) into the garden, where a girl in a ponytail stood in the clearing, a couple of butterflies fluttering around her.

"She is the girl from the final selection..." (name) thought, before she winced when her head throbbed.

Her action made Kanao Tsuyuri turn and stare at them. Her emotionless eyes bored into (name)'s figure, before she remembered it was the strong girl who went first inside the forest in the Final Selection.

"Forgive us, Lady Tsuyuri." a kakushi went up and bowed, "we have come on Kocho-sama's orders. May we enter the mansion?"

Kanao didn't say anything and she peeked over the kakushi's shoulder to look at (name). (Name) felt a bit creeped out with her empty stare, and proceeded to turn her back towards the tsugoku.

"May we...? If it's alright?" the kakushi asked again, but Kanao continued to stare at (name).

"Who are you?!" a voice shouted.

Everyone shrieked, including Tanjiro. (Name) twitched with annoyance at how loud everyone was and turned to glare at the new person. A girl who's around their age with pigtails clipped with butterflies and blue eyes glared at them, but she slowly paled when she saw the murderous gaze of (name).

"We were ordered here by Kocho-sama!" The kakushi waved her arms.

"Are you a kakushi?" the pigtail girl asked, "I see you've brought an injured and sick person here. Please follow me."

(Name) followed after the kakushi and Tanjiro. She was about to go in when she passed Kanao, who played with the butterflies. The (h/c) hair girl stopped in her tracks to observe what she was doing. Kanao noticed and gave (name) a smile, prompting the celestial user to go into the mansion.

They passed by hallways and rooms, until a very familiar voice echoed loudly.

"I have to take this five times a day!? And three months!? I won't be able to eat anything, it's so bitter and it's such an ordeal!" Zenitsu whined.

"Huh... that guy is still making a commotion." Aoi sighed, and (name) peered inside.

One of the kakushis had taken Kokushibo off of (name), and placed him in a room that was secluded from everyone else. Nezuko was also taken away as well.

"Zenitsu, you're okay!" Tanjiro cried, seeing his friend alright.

Zenitsu continued to complain and whine, until his eyes landed on (name). She blinked at him and leaned in, making Zenitsu gasp with joy.

"(Name)-chan! My angel! I'm so glad you're okay! Please save me from these mean little girls! They're trying to make me drink this gross juice!" he babbled and embraced (name) tightly.

(Name) merely stood with a nonchalant face, allowing Zenitsu to rub his snot into her clothes. Tanjiro watched with a bitter feeling, and the others were getting grossed out from the blond's behaviour. (Name) didn't have any strength left, and all she wanted was to sleep.

She eyed down the whining Zenitsu and patted his head, making his heart sprang out.

"Zenitsu, you should let go. (Name) is sick." Tanjiro spoke up.

(Name) never patted his head before...

"Wah! My wife is sick!? How could this happen?!" Zenitsu asked loudly.