十五

(Name) stood in the middle of the streets, in front of a food stand. People looked at her with curiosity, and some were a bit worried. This (h/c) haired girl had been staring at a giant plate of sushi for half an hour.

“Um, young lady? Are you alright?”

(Name) looked up to see the food seller lady, sweating like crazy.

“I’ll take this.” (name) finally responded and snatched the big plate of sushi. She reached inside her haori and plopped a pile of cash onto the counter.

She heard the people squawk with surprise, but (name) just turned her heels. The picnic was located at the Love Hashira’s estate, and (name) was already late because she spent a long time deciding what to bring. She finally came across a sushi stand, selling a large variety of colorful sushi. 

Everyone likes sushi, no? 

(Name) was about to leave the edge of the village when someone familiar caught her eye. She turned her head to see the Water Hashira, standing alone on the side of the street. If (name) remembered clearly, all the Hashiras were invited.

She felt a bit better that she wasn’t the only one late.

“Hey,” (name) called, and his empty blue eyes turned to her, “do your fellow Hashiras enjoy sushi?” she asked.

“Yeah.” he mumbled and just turned.

“Okay, thanks.” (name) blankly responded and turned around. She walked towards the exit, but she stopped when he wasn’t following her.

“Aren’t you coming too?” she asked him, and he shot her an irritated look, “to Mitsuri’s picnic?”

His eyes widened a bit, before he turned around. His feet shuffled on the ground and he fidgeted his mismatched haori.

“I wasn’t invited.”

Giyuu Tomioka looked at the ground, not knowing what to feel. None of his Hashiras comrades came up to him and informed him that Mitsuri was having a picnic. A sad feeling swirled in his chest once he heard about the event. He knew he wasn’t liked by the others, but to not invite him to a picnic? That was a bit too far...

A hand gripped his sleeve and he was surprised when his ocean eyes met (e/c) ones.

“Then I’ll invite you.” (name) said with a monotone voice.

“What?” Giyuu was lost for words when she forcibly dragged him into the village, “w-what are you doing?”

“Each of us has to bring a dish. Since you’re coming now, you need to bring food… um…” (name) stared at him questionably.

“Giyuu…” he told her his name.

“Okay, what are you interested in bringing?”

“I didn’t bring money.”

“I’ll pay. Hurry up.”

In the end, Giyuu chose to bring salmon with diced radish. (Name) paid the chef and Giyuu was embarrassed that she actually paid for him. The two walked together towards Mitsuri’s estate, where her garden was decorated into a very colourful and cute theme.

“(Name)-chan!” Mitsuri waved, and everyone turned to her. They were all seated at the table, as Shinobu instructed them not to eat until everyone had arrived.

“Ugh, she actually showed up… WHAT’S TOMIOKA DOING HERE?!” Sanemi shouted, his plate full of ohagis.

“We specifically told each other not to invite Tomioka!” Rengoku shouted.