三十七

Kokushibo sat on the ground angrily, his hand shaped into fists as he was itching to not pummel the heck out of Nezuko and Tanjiro. The demon girl was cuddled up happily in (Name)’s arms and she was snuggling her cheek against hers. (Name) didn’t seem to mind and hugged Nezuko back, while Tanjiro was busy chatting with her as they ate the food.

Food that Kokushibo made.

Kokushibo had specifically made the food for (Name) but now he was forced to watch her share it with these two goofballs. 

“This food is really good! Did you make this, (Name)?” Tanjiro asked the girl.

“Nope, Kokushibo made it.” (Name) replied emotionlessly, giving Nezuko her respective belly rubs.

“O-oh… it’s really good, Kokushibo…” Tanjiro sweated and he took a glance at the fuming demon who’s hair covered his face, “though, I wish I could taste your cooking, (Name).”

The boy reached over and he shyly clasped (Name)’s hand. (Name) deadpanned at Tanjiro’s attempts to flirt, while Kokushibo lost it. He got his katana out and he hurled it at Tanjiro’s intertwined hand with (Name). The boy screamed but (Name) kicked the katana out of the way with her foot, an irritated look on her face.

Nezuko rolled her eyes and she suddenly had a smirk on her face. She pretended to cry and weep, pointing an accusing finger at Kokushibo, who snarled in return.

“Is he bothering you, Nezuko?” (Name) asked Nezuko worriedly, “I know. He’s a big meanie, isn’t he? Let’s go somewhere where this big, mean, annoying demon won’t find us.”

“Wait, (Name)-” Tanjiro was cut off when (Name) turned around and gave them a glare, her eyes burning with rage.

“Get. Along.”

Was all she said before she slammed the door in their faces, leaving Tanjiro with Kokushibo. Kokushibo didn’t hesitate as he stood up and went to the door, until Tanjiro quickly called him. The demon ignored him but Tanjiro bravely grabbed his pants, until he tripped and his hand accidentally grabbed Kokushibo’s crotch.

Kokushibo froze and he slowly turned around, veins covering all his face.

“Wait! Wait! I didn’t mean it!” Tanjiro fretted, “I-I just wanted to give you something!”

Kokushibo paused as he was gripping Tanjiro from his kimono’s collar, his fist already raised to beat up the human boy. Tanjiro was sweating like a madman, though his hand reached inside his kimono and he presented a syringe filled with a red liquid.

Blood.

“T-this is Nezuko’s blood!” Tanjiro explained, “Tamayo-san, the demon doctor who you gave your blood to, said that Nezuko’s capable of conquering the sun. We’re not sure yet but just in case, she wanted me to give you this.”

“As a thanks for helping her.”

Kokushibo took the syringe from Tanjiro’s hand. He eyed the syringe before he took a glance at Tanjiro, before he proceeded to throw the boy outside the window. Outside, (Name) and Nezuko were playing until they took a look at the flying and screaming body of Tanjiro across the night sky.

“Welp, guess they’re getting along.” (Name) shrugged.

Kokushibo remained in the room, his eyes staring at the needle. He didn’t believe Tanjiro since it was impossible for a demon to conquer the sun. He could either inject himself in it and the blood wouldn’t work or it would work.

If it worked, he would be hunted by Muzan.

Kokushibo put the syringe in his kimono sleeve, before walking out of the door, deciding to not tell (Name). The door opened and he was met with (Name) playing yarn with Nezuko, and the female stared at him with confusion.