The patches of freshly grown rice paddies covered the sidelines, as the sun provided nutrients and strength for them to grow. A path was in between the patches and (name) walked along it, her demon companion sleeping softly in the box. 

Life as a demon slayer was pretty exhilarating to her amusement. The missions were continuous but (name) was quite content that she was getting paid. When it came for her to sleep, Kokushibo would watch over her and he would carry her to their next destination. 

Most of the time though, (name) would carry small Kokushibo in her arms as they travelled around the land. Every mission lasted under five minutes so they would explore until Nuomi - the snitch, would call their next mission. 

He would make grabby hands and would point at directions like a small child. He never harmed a human and he was quite reserved with his actions, almost as if he was trying to redeem himself of his sins he committed. 

“Is that (name)?” a voice asked from behind, and (name) turned to see the familiar head of maroon and hanafuda earrings. Upon seeing her face, Tanjiro’s eyes lit up and he joined her side. 

“It’s nice to see you again (name)! You look very nice in the uniform!” he greeted her and (name) noticed how shy he was feeling.

“Thanks.”

“Have you been on missions already?”

“Yeah.”

“I’m happy you’re safe and uninjured!” Tanjiro beamed at the girl, “I’ve been on two! One in a village, and the other in the city!”

“Okay.”

Tanjiro sweatdropped at the girl’s lack of answer but he brushed it off. Her scent was comforting and Tanjiro was glad that she was his friend. Well, he would like to think she’s his friend. His eyes traveled to the box on her back and it looked very similar to his. The scent inside smelled of murder, blood, and danger and his heart stared to beat.

“(Name)-san, why are you carry-”

“Caw, caw! Southeast! Southeast! Tanjiro Kamado and (name) (l/n), your next destination is southeast!” the two crows shouted from the sky, and Tanjiro covered his ears. (Name) didn’t seem to mind too much, but she was a bit irritated.

“Let’s go (name)!” Tanjiro gestured to (name) and the girl nodded. 

He’ll ask later.

The two walked side by side as they headed towards the southeast direction. The walk would have been more enjoyable if Tanjiro’s crow wasn’t screaming in their ears. (Name)’s eyebrows twitched and she restrained herself from feeding the bird to Kokushibo.

“PLEASE! PLEASE!” A desperate voice rang.

(Name) and Tanjiro looked up ahead to see a mop of yellow hair and a bunch of more yellow. The boy was clinging to a girl, who looked very uncomfortable and was kneeling on the ground. He was crying and wiping his tears on the girl’s kimono.

“PLEASE MARRY ME! I BEG YOU! I DON’T KNOW WHEN I’LL DIE SO PLEASE MARRY ME!”

“Huh?” Tanjiro gaped and (name) stared at the scene with a deadpan face.

“Chun, chun!”

An adorable brown sparrow came flying towards them and landed in Tanjiro’s palm. The bird was sweating and he flapped his little wings desperately, pointing to his idiotic demon slayer. He chirped at Tanjiro and the boy’s face turned serious as he nodded. 

He could understand a bird? The sparrow’s eyes glowed in delight and he chirped happily, making (name)’s heart melt just a little bit. 

“MARRY ME! I BEG YOU!” the blond continued to scream until he gasped when he was forcibly pulled away.