二十四

“(Name), thank you for coming to this Hashira meeting.” Oyakata smiled at the girl, who sat grumpily in the middle of the room.

“...why am I the only person here?” she questioned irritably.

True to her observation, (Name) was the only person in the Ubuyashiki’s estate. This morning, Nuomi had called her, stating that Oyakata needed her for something. (Name) stormed out of the butterfly estate at 4am, while Kokushibo continued to snooze on the bed.

“Yes, (Name).” Oyakata dismissed her early morning attitude, “I have a mission for you.”

“Mission? There are no demons now.”

“Please meet Meiwaku.”

Oyakata smiled as one of his daughters opened the door, holding something in her arms. A baby boy was babbling nonsense as he chewed on his hands, while (Name) looked at the child with disgust. His baby brown eyes then stared directly at (Name), and he smiled.

“What are you looking at, idiot?” 

Meiwaku was taken aback by (Name)’s rude words, and his lips started to quiver. Hinaki shushed the baby, trying her best to not make Meiwaku burst into tears while she stared at her father with disbelief that he chose (Name) for this job.

“Today, you’ll be babysitting Meiwaku. My wife knows Meiwaku’s parents and they agreed to let one of our Demon Slayers take care of him for a day while they’re out.”

“Why me? Why not get Mitsuri or Shinobu?” (Name) grimaced, thinking of all the sane Hashiras there were.

“Mitsuri and Shinobu have already been assigned missions.” Oyakata-sama told her, and (Name) felt her life slipping away.

Meiwaku stared at the mysterious girl, before he hurled up some drool.

“As for the reason, you need to get out of your emotional constipated faze.”

“Are you serious? No eyebrows is more cons-"

Before (Name) could finish her sentence, Meiwaku was placed in her arms and she was kicked out of Oyakata’s home. Her eyebrows twitched as she and Meiwaku had a stare down outside of the minka. 

Meiwaku stared at the girl, before the baby hugged her tightly.

“I better get paid for this.”

        “Good morning, (Name)!” Tanjiro greeted her with Zenitsu and Inosuke following him.

“Hello, (Name)-chan! I missed you so much!” Zenitsu twirled around, making kissy faces in her direction.

“Melons, fight me!” Inosuke boasted, “today will be the day you’ll finally notice me!”

“(Name), we were wondering if you…” Tanjiro blinked at sight before him, “uh… what are you doing?”

The boys were frozen with fear as they stared at the girl in front of them. (Name) had a gentle smile on her face and she was humming a sweet lullaby. 

The scariest part was she was feeding a baby with a bottle.

“Who are you?! What have you done to Melons?!” Inosuke screamed, startling everyone and Meiwaku’s eyes started to water.

(Name) sighed as she patted the baby’s back, and Meiwaku calmed down after a few minutes. She then glared at the three boys, and they flinched from how menacing she looked. 

“What does it look like? I’m feeding a baby, use your goddamn eyes.”

Meiwaku squirmed in her arms until he choked and spit out the milk onto (Name)’s demon slayer uniform. The boy’s choked in their breaths as sweat started to coat their foreheads, seeing (Name)’s face darkened.