041

(name) was fast asleep, completely drained from the long day she had endured. Kokushibo carefully pulled the covers back and crept inside her bed beside her, taking care not to wake her. His eyes roamed over her features as she slept, taking in every detail of her face as she lay there, calm and peaceful.

He leaned in close and gently ran his fingers through her messy h/c, untangling the strands and smoothing them down with reverence. (name) stirred in her sleep and rolled closer to him, nuzzling her head against his shoulder. Kokushibo felt a wave of tenderness wash over him as she sighed contentedly, and he couldn't resist the urge to hold her tighter and place a soft kiss on her forehead.

As she drifted deeper into sleep, Kokushibo wiped the drool that was beginning to drip from the corners of her mouth with the back of his sleeve, grateful for the fact that he was able to be there for her as she recovered. He watched her for a moment longer, admiring the way her chest rose and fell with each breath.

The door slid open as Kiriya came in, his footsteps soft and delicate.

"Master Ubuyashiki asks for your presence at the meeting. We hoped you could elaborate on what happened during the fight with the upper moons," Kiriya said with an eerie smile.

Kokushibo nods as he tucks (name) in, standing up to follow the boy.

Kiriya hands him an umbrella as he gratefully takes it, with Kokushibo not being fully used to the sun's light.

Kokushibo followed Kiriya down the hall, his footsteps quiet and steady. Despite the tension in the air, he remained composed as Kiriya kept looking back at him, his eyes looking lifeless like that of a doll.

"Aw I'm so jealous! Why don't I get to face any upper rank demons?"

𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐀 

Sanemi Shinazugawa.

"You can't control it, but nearly everyone is running into them. Kanroji and Tokito, how are you guys?"

𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐀

Iguro Obanai.

"Oh! Right! I'm much better, thanks!"

'Ohhh, he's worried about me!'

𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐀 

Mitsuri Kanroji

"Me too, although I'm still not my full self."

𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐀 

Muichiro Tokito.

"While they have defeated upper-rank four and while Tokito has defeated upper-rank five, we shall not celebrate so soon. We cannot risk anything if we lose a hashira; the corps will be in danger. However, it's good that they defeated two upper-rank demons and survived.”

𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐀

Gyomei Himejima.

"You two healed unusually quickly this time, what happened?"

𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐀

Shinobu kocho.

"I supposed the master will tell us about that too."

𝐖𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐀

Giyuu Tomioka.

"The two of you did everything flamboyantly! I wish I had joined in the fun, though..."

𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐀 

Uzui Tengen.

"No matter! All of us did the best we could and in the end defeated another uppermoon!"