十八

"A hotter version of Kokushibo?"

That line escaped from (name)'s mouth without her thinking and she sweatdropped. The male didn't seem offended with her words, and she swore his lips perked up a bit. A mark was on his forehead, looking very similar to Kokushibo's and Tanjiro's.

"You think I'm hot?" he asked innocently and stood up.

His face lit up a bit and he scratched the side of his cheek bashfully.

"I don't know. My common sense has been decaying ever since I've joined the Corps so my standards are probably low now."

"Oh..." the man blinked, feeling a bit disappointed.

"But, you do seem like a nice man." (name) added.

"That's not as good as being called hot." the man spoke in a monotone voice, "my brother is also nice too."

"Brother? Who are you?" (name) pestered, getting impatient with his stalling.

"Did Kokushibo turn hot or what?"

The man shuffled and fiddled with his kimono before he turned and beckoned (name) to follow him. (Name) raised an eyebrow but she obeyed his command, and trudged behind him as the mysterious man took her into another part of the forest.

"You said you have a brother. Judging by your tone, it seems like I'm affiliated with him somehow." (name) interrogated, as both of their shoes scrunched through the leaves.

"Yes. You have already met him." the male spoke.

"His name is Michikatsu Tsugikuni, but he now goes by Kokushibo. He's the Upper Moon 1 that joined you on your journey."

"Huh? Six eyes has a twin brother?"

(Name) was lost for words as the male stopped in front of a waterfall. The rushing current rammed down into the stream as a small rainbow flowed over the scenery. It was breathtaking.

The man sat on top of a rock and patted the spot next to him. (Name) made her way over and sat down, waiting for him to continue.

"I'm Yoriichi Tsugikuni. Also the younger twin brother of Michikatsu." Yoriichi introduced himself, "I was watching you both from the heavens above and who would have thought I'd get to meet you in this dream."

"Kokushibo is your brother?"

"Yes."

"I'm confused."

"Hm?"

"You're so nice and charming and he's so rude and whiny. How are you two related?"

"My brother is cute, he's not rude."

"He has six eyes."

"...he was cute before."

"Did you just refer to him as ugly now?"

"..."

"Thank you for taking care of my brother. Watching you and him really makes me laugh, and I haven't laughed in a long time." Yoriichi bowed slightly, changing the topic.

"That's so creepy. How is that possible?" (name) asked him.

"I'm not too sure." Yoriichi looked down at his hands, "but I suppose it's because I have some connection with my brother and he's travelling with you."