The weak can never forgive the strong. That is an attribute they lack. The delicate human heart is a mirrored pool of thoughts, and it can only take that much. Too bad no one cares… 

The sounds of metal clashing rang the night as the human and the demon danced the night away. Trees were cut apart, the river was almost dried out from the pains of the battle, and the land that once was a gentle field was split to many craters. 

It looked like a wasteland.

Nearby demons who lurk around never bothered to interfere even if they were hungry. If they joined the fray of the battle, their head would separate from their body in an instant. They were smart enough to never interfere with an Upper Moon’s battle.

The human was enjoying herself, purposely holding back in case she killed her new toy by accident. The demon was frustrated, fully knowing that she was holding back and it was an insult to his name. 

She let out a little laugh - that shook his demon heart for some reason, as the eyed blade snapped apart from the unbearable force of her angelic blade. She wasn’t even fazed when Kokushibo’s katana regenerated instantly and he lunged at her again. 

“Breath of the Moon, Eight Form - Moon Dragon Ringtail.”

(Name) watched boredly as a single gigantic slash of moon crescents headed her way. 

“Breath of the Celestials - Alectrona’s Inferno Flames.”

A burst of force resonated in the land as the two attacks collided with one another, sending waves of strong wind.  (Name) sighed peacefully, feeling the cool air brush against her face as her braid danced in the wind. She twitched in annoyance, bringing up her blade to block the six eyed demon’s attack. 

Why must he ruin the moment of peace?

“Why do you keep appearing in my mind?” he asked in a calm tone, though it seemed like he was holding back from snarling at her. 

He felt a sudden stop in her movements, and he narrowed his eyes at the lack of interest in her orbs. (Name) simply blinked at his question and the demon hesitated when he realized she wasn’t attacking. 

The moonlight that shone on her face made her look beautiful, but she was anything but that. His eyes must be playing tricks on him. He shrugged the thoughts away and raised his blade to cut her head off - when he stopped when he tasted his own blood in his mouth.

“Isn't it wonderful??” she asked in a teasing tone.

She pulled out her nichirin blade from her body, as her small hands touched the blade and cleaned off the blood with one stroke. 

“That I can kill you? Even though I’m a human who’s physcallity is beyond weaker than you, a demon?” she mused, eyes meeting with him again.

The demon offered nothing but silence, staring at her with hatred through his demonic eyes. The girl sighed and bent down to pick his fallen blade and threw it at him, before turning her back. Her eyes met his in a steely cold look and her rosy lips perked into a small smile.

With that, she disappeared under the moon’s haze.

Kokushibo’s chest healed as his heart beat painfully inside. In a blind rage of fury, he unleashed a breath attack, destroying a part of the land as he couldn’t believe he was so weak. In her eyes, he was nothing. He needed to be known as something to her. His mending chest thudded with discomfort and he slowly stood up.

He needed to burn his thoughts away from her by devouring another life. 

        For many nights, the human and demon would exchange blows, the monstrosity always finding her to satisfy his ego. (Name) granted him his wish since she had nothing else to do after saving a herd of whiny demon slayers and killing the demons that wandered near grandma and Hiroto’s home. It would continue and end with (name) stabbing a part of Kokushibo and leaving to go back to her family, not a single scratch on her.