The roar of the crowd was a dull throb in Jeongyeon's ears. Perched high in the bleachers, away from the throng of cheering fans and the vibrant energy of the field, she felt like a ghost. This was supposed to be her day - the culmination of months of grueling practice, sweat, and shared dreams with her team. Instead, she sat alone, the weight of her decision a leaden anchor in her gut.

Below, the team battled it out. Jeongyeon could see Nayeon, her support radiating even from afar, her eyes constantly searching for Jeongyeon in the crowd. But Jeongyeon couldn't meet her gaze. Not today.

The play unfolded in a blur. A fumble on their side of the field, a desperate scramble, and then... Bambam. He intercepted the ball, weaving through the opposing team with his characteristic speed and agility. A surge of pride, quickly extinguished by a wave of shame, threatened to rise within Jeongyeon. But it was Bambam, the very reason for her absence, who held the key to victory.

As Bambam raced towards the endzone, the crowd erupted. Jeongyeon's heart hammered against her ribs, a conflicting storm of emotions churning within. A part of her, the loyal teammate, desperately wanted him to score. The other part, the hurt sister, couldn't stomach the idea of Bambam's triumph validating his actions.

The final whistle blew. Silence descended upon the stadium, thick and heavy with anticipation. The scoreboard blinked mercilessly - a narrow defeat. Dejection hung heavy in the air as the opposing team celebrated, their cheers a stark contrast to the stunned silence on Jeongyeon's side.

Nayeon appeared beside her, a sympathetic hand on her shoulder. "They fought hard," Nayeon said softly, her voice laced with disappointment. "It wasn't their fault."

Jeongyeon knew that. The team had given it their all. But a nagging thought wouldn't leave her. Perhaps, with her on the field, the outcome could have been different. Shame twisted in her gut, a bitter cocktail of regret and self-inflicted punishment.

The team trudged back to the locker room, a defeated pack. Jeongyeon stayed behind, her gaze fixed on the empty field. Tears welled up in her eyes, blurring the vibrant green into a hazy mess. This wasn't just about the championship loss; it was about the fractured trust with Mina, the distance growing wider with each passing moment, and the sacrifice Jeongyeon had made, a sacrifice that ultimately hurt everyone she cared about.

As Jeongyeon finally made her way towards the locker room, a lone figure emerged - Bambam. He approached her hesitantly, a mixture of emotions playing on his face.

"Jeongyeon," he began, his voice laced with a hint of remorse. "I... I'm sorry about the game. And for everything else."

Jeongyeon's lips remained in a tight line. What use were apologies now? The damage was done. The championship was lost, the trust was broken, and Jeongyeon was left with a gaping hole where her sister's love used to be.

She looked at Bambam, her eyes cold and unforgiving. "Don't," she said, her voice barely a whisper. "Don't you dare say you're sorry."

With that, Jeongyeon turned away, leaving Bambam standing alone on the field.

-

Another week had bled into another, the days blurring together in a haze of anticipation. Finally, graduation day arrived, sharp and bright. Jeongyeon and Jihyo found their spot at the end of the hall, the familiar buzz of nervous excitement and bittersweet goodbyes washing over them.

"Where's Mina?" Jihyo asked, ever since the event that happened in the student council office, she and the Japanese girl had slowly began to drift apart.

Jeongyeon sighed, the weight of unspoken tension settling on her shoulders. "Probably with Bambam," she muttered, fiddling with the bright yellow sunflowers clutched in her hand. Their vibrant cheer seemed at odds with the churning in her stomach.