Chapter Eighty-Six: Limb Darkening

The television is blasting with some nonsense Miya can barely make out from the isolation of the bathroom. The voices on the TV are loud enough to be an annoying buzz in the background, but soft enough that she can't make out some of the words. It sounded like Dabi was watching a movie of some kind. Miya flicks her hair up into a towel and fixes lotion over her face.

Her fingers run over the brand-new scar on her face and she hates herself for it. It's a small scar (luckily) and will barely be noticeable once healed. Knowing she will always notice it. Carving into her skin like a river unsure of which way it wants to go. It crawls over her cheek, skipping her eye, and carving its way partway through her eyebrow and midway of her forehead. It pulls at her skin where it has tried to heal; pink and raised in parts.

All these scars on her body have a story to tell. They are a part of her now. Miya has come to accept that lately. She always viewed them as something alien-like permanent on her body. Now they tell all the stories of a Hero and Villain.

She turns away from her reflection and leaves the bathroom.

"What the hell are you watching?" Miya steps out into the room in a shirt and shorts for pajamas.

Dabi is laying on the bed legs apart and head resting on several probed pillows. He has made himself comfortable for the night in nothing but pants. "Whatever is going on in this cruel world." was his reply.

Miya crosses the room, in front of the TV, where Dabi's eyes followed her like a predator to prey. She stands at the wall by the door where the AC panel is mounted. She turns it on. Again, his eyes never leave her as she makes her way over the bed. The AC starts blowing a cool breeze through the vents. The bed dips where she sits and she faces the television.

PING!

Miya's head whipped around to her phone on the nightstand. "Who is it?"

Dabi is already reaching over. He scoffs. "Your boyfriend." and the phone is tossed at her.

She rolls her eyes. "Get over it." she scoops up the device in hand and opens the message.

"What the hell is he saying?" he demanded to know, immediately.

"Turn the news on." Miya looked at Dabi. "He is saying to turn the news on. Something must have happened?"

"Better not be about us." Dabi switches the channel. "We took every precaution to make sure this doesn't get out."

"I thought you wanted to be famous and on tv?" she spat, sourly.

"Yeah..."

Miya's eyes leaves the screen ahead and she looks at Dabi, examining him. He wasn't going to admit it but she could always tell. She unwraps her hair from the towel and she throws it at Dabi's head. He growled pulling the damp towel down ready to peg it back at her. But when his eyes emerged from the wet fabric she was already on him. She fixes the damp towel over his shoulders bringing some coolness to his skin.

"You can relax." she laughed at him. Her hands slide over his chest to his neck feeling the temperature of his skin. As quick as a flash Dabi pulls her hand to the other side of him bringing Miya closer. She stops herself inches from his face. "Keen are we?"

"We haven't fucked in three days." he growls, against her mouth.

"Oh no." she pouts, teasing. "Will you explode?" Her arms rest either side of his head, and he grins up at her. Their mouths finally meet to break all that tension. Immediately it was hard and rough. Tongues fighting and lips lusting after each other in between breathless moans. Dabi's arms lock around Miya and fists her hair into a tight grip. Her leg slides over his waist to straddle him.