Chap Sevenfein

You didn't know how long you were out for, but when you woke up, you heard the sink running in the bathroom, and slowly realized this wasn't your room. By the pictures of friends and medals hanging up, you knew where you were in seconds, but you suddenly became nervous and held the blanket closer to you.

When he came out of the bathroom, he hung around the door, drying his hands on a towel and looking at you with concern.

"It's stupid," You scoffed with a laugh, the tip of your tongue going up at the side to your teeth, and he tilted his head, smiling when he saw you brighten up, "It's very stupid."

"What is?" He asked with a chuckle, throwing the towel back into the bathroom and walking over to the bed.

"It's stupid how hot you are," You gestured to his body, "Do you realize how tight that shirt is? I realize there's no 'super soldier' section in a clothing store, but dude, come on," He sat down with a blush as you spoke, resting his hand on your leg that was covered by the blanket, and smiling shyly, "Can I touch it?"

You were wiggling your eyebrows and he let out a loud laugh when you pointed to his arm. He leaned closer and you grabbed it in your hand.

"You're so weird." He smirked, watching your movements.

"Okay," You dropped your hands and he lifted his eyes to yours, "I have to ask you something."

"Anything."

He turned so his leg was bent on its side, up on the bed, and rubbed your lower leg comfortingly. His face was full of adoration and protectiveness like whatever you said he'd fight the devil to stop it from hurting you.

"After...everything," You frowned down at your lap, "I don't want you to feel like you have to lie for me," You took a deep, jagged breath, "But I'm not telling SHIELD about...him."

"You wanted to see Pittsburgh," He started and you snapped your eyes to his with a slight head tilt, your eyes squinted, "You left the hotel to meet a friend, I got a bad feeling and followed – which is completely true anyways," He smiled softly, "And when I found you, he had a gun on you so I detained the suspect. It's all I know and it's all I'm telling them."

You were blinking slowly at him without even realizing, a grateful smile grazing your lips, and you moved closer to hug him. He happily wrapped you in a warm one and you kissed his shoulder since it was closest. He sighed in relief, knowing he was doing the right thing, and only confirming that to you and himself when he laid it all out.

"If you change your mind," You started after pulling back a bit to face him, "It's okay and I won't blame you," You kissed him quickly on the lips and smirked when he tried to chase it for a second, "Promise."

He smiled at your words, knowing you trusted him, and then crawled so you laid back, hovering over you. Your fingertips ran through his scruff, another smile tugging at his lips that mirrored yours and you ran your finger over it, pulling his bottom lip down before letting it go so it went back into place. You smirked as his eyes darkened with just the biting of your own bottom lip and he leaned down to kiss you. He moved to snuggle between your legs, silently asking if it was okay, and when you nodded, his eyes brightened, dipping to kiss you again when he was settled nicely.

Your back arched when he hands went to your hair and then they moved to wrap around your waist, pressing you closer to him.

"Finally." He whispered against your lips and your eyes found his.

"Yeah?" You teased with a shit eating grin, pulling away when he went to kiss you again, and you didn't miss the blush dusting his cheeks when he realized he said it out loud, "Think about this before, old man?"