Tenner

"Well, I'm not going alone."

You were standing there in your suit and a towel wrapped around you, waiting for him to get ready. Once you found out there was a pool in this hotel, on the roof no less, you weren't going to pass that up just because you had a mission to do in several hours. He was going over the briefing notes and files on the family for the hundredth time and you were tired of staring at the four walls. He wrote the reports for this one, you knew that, and you had your orders, knowing exactly what you were here for, so right now you were frustrated.

"You went to the bar alone." He argued absentmindedly, sitting at the table, and not taking his eyes off the documents in front of him.

"Yeah and I went to breakfast by myself too," You huffed, placing your hands on your hips, and dramatically whining, "Just come swimming with me, don't be a dick."

"Such a lovely invitation," He smiled sarcastically and then his face fell again, "But no."

"I'll keep pretending to find your jokes funny for the rest of the trip." You offered weakly and he gaped at you, offended.

"You didn't find the one about the trumpet player funny?"

"Do you even hear yourself right now?"

"Fine," He groaned, getting up, "I'll meet you there in five."

"Okay!" You cheered and then paused, narrowing your eyes, "If you're just saying that to get me to leave, I'll hurt you."

"Oh, believe me," He put his hands up with a laugh, "I'd never lie to you, I've seen what you can do, remember?"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." You grumbled, rolling your eyes, and then leaving.

You put your headphones on and started bobbing your head to the music as you made your way to the elevator. When you got to the roof, you pushed the door open and you weren't disappointed in what you found. The view was incredible and there were only a handful of people lounging around, nobody even in the pool. You surmised that being on an island, people don't really care for a pool when they have the ocean at their fingertips twenty-four-seven.

The sun was high as you put on some sunscreen, never peeling your eyes off the clear sky or how it kissed the ocean at the horizon. It took your breath away and soon, you were stepping into the cool water slowly, not missing the sound of the door opening nearby.

You turned around and smiled when you spotted the super soldier who at first looked nervous until his eyes landed on you.

"You made it!" You cheered, shaking your head back and forth excitedly as you were in the deep side and had to focus on keeping yourself from going under.

"Wow," He sighed dreamily, looking around like you did early, "It's amazing up here."

As he spoke, he started shedding his shirt and since he was already in his suit, you watched as his toned muscles moved at the action. He chuckled when he noticed you staring, stepping into the water, and you blushed when your eyes snapped to his face, confirming he caught you.

He swam over, floating there for a second with a small smile as he watched you curiously, waiting for something.

"Yeah, it's really awesome here," You agreed, breaking the eye contact to look around a bit, "Kinda wish we didn't have to leave."

"We?" He raised his eyebrows, "I'da thought you'd-"

"Don't flatter yourself, I meant just me." You cut him off and he chuckled.

His eyes trailed down to your lips and stayed there for a moment too long, so you caught him.

"Sorry." He mumbled, embarrassed, and you smirked.