Chap Two Three

You rolled over, half asleep, and your eyes just opened enough to show you that you were now face to face with him. You smiled to yourself, letting your eyes close again as your breathing mixed and he hummed under his breath, putting an arm over your waist as he scooted even closer, eyes still closed. You chuckled sleepily and he smiled before you buried your face in his neck, inhaling deeply and letting the comfort of his smell lull you back to sleep.

A few hours later, the sun started to stream in and bask you both in a golden drip that made him look like a dream when you slowly woke up. Your fingertips ran softly from his cheek, to his neck, and down his arm before he kissed your forehead, pulling himself out of his sleep.

"Morning." His scratchy voice greeted you, sending shivers down your spine.

"Hm, morning." You smiled and he let out a low groan, wrapping his arms around you.

"I could get used to this," He smiled against your cheek as he kissed each one, "Really used to it."

You peaked over to see it was just barely six-thirty which meant you had a good hour before you had to meet Sam for a run, so you snuggled back into his chest and let your eyes flutter closed.

"No complaints here."

He grinned, giving himself time to study every one of your features since you weren't looking and he wanted to pinch himself to make sure you were real, no matter how cliché that sounded. He hasn't thought about settling down in ages and he still doesn't think that's the man who came out of the ice, but with you he gets the best of both worlds. He gets to keep being an avenger, helping people like he's always wanted and fighting for his country. He's also more than lucky to be able to come back here, because being with you has been the best part of it all and if you ever asked, he truly thinks he could give everything else up if need be. But part of the reason he feels so strongly about you is because he knows you'd never ask him to though.

"I think I'm falling in love with you." He whispered and you froze for a second before a soft smile cascaded over your lips and he sighed in relief.

"Nah," You teased, shaking your head, "Because that'd mean you're crazier than I am."

He chuckled and you pulled away just enough to kiss him, muffling his laugh. You both took your time, no rush or need in the air, just the two of you basking in the morning glow. The warmth of the sun kissed your skin and it had you pushing the blanket down so there was only the sheet covering you both. He smiled like an idiot as you continued kissing him, not breaking away to shed the layer and you laughed against him as his hand ran up and down your arm while the other one held your waist.

"I'm hungry." He mumbled and you pulled away with raised eyebrows.

"Again?"

He laughed, leaning forward to press his lips against yours for the millionth time and you cupped his cheeks, happy to continue.

"No," He smirked, "I meant for breakfast."

"You've gotta be more specific these days." You teased and he nodded with a huge smile, a blush tinting his cheeks.

He pulled the sheet back and got up, so you followed suit, but when he noticed, he put a hand up to stop you.

"No, don't get up," He whined, and you smiled, "I wanna make us breakfast in bed."

You kneeled on the bed and he bent over to kiss you but laughed when you held his face to yours so he wouldn't leave.

"That's so sweet," You smirked against his mouth in between kisses, "But what if I'm not hungry for pancakes?"