Chap Dirty Won

***

You couldn't sleep at all that night, too many things to do and the thoughts you had kept you awake, plus, knowing Steve was upset didn't help. You knew you had to make it right, but until everything was in place, you'd avoid him to keep it all at bay.

"Morning grumpy." Wanda greeted you, smirking behind her cup as you walked by towards the kitchen.

Before you made it, barely having given her a wave as the bags under your eyes threatened to give your all-nighter away, you turned and hugged her from behind. She was taken back by the gesture but put her cup down to hug your arms to her, and it made you smile. You kissed the top of her head and turned around to finish your journey to the kitchen, leaving her to spin in her seat, watching you in confusion.

You were pulling a box of cereal down from the cupboard when she spoke up, startling you,

"What's going on?"

"Jesus, Wanda," You muttered under your breath, turning to get the milk as she crossed her arms, "Scared the crap outta me."

She didn't say anything, just watched you with narrowed eyes as you made the cereal and then you raised your eyebrows in question lifting a spoonful halfway to your mouth.

"You're being weird." She told you bluntly and you rolled your eyes.

"What? I can't hug my best friend? I feel like we barely see each other," You shrugged, hoping that was a good enough explanation and then something popped into your head, "Wanna watch a movie or mess with Bucky?"

"I can't today," She furrowed her eyebrows, still not convinced, "I promised Pietro I'd help him with something," She paused when your face fell to disappointment, "Unless there's something you're not telling me?"

"No, I just thought-"

"Because I can bail on my brother if I have a reason." She tried one last time.

You put your bowl down and grabbed her in another hug, but this time it only took her a second to reciprocate it.

"No," You held her tightly and she frowned, "You go with your brother," You pulled back to run a hand down her hair and then cup her cheeks, squishing them lightly, "You're awesome."

She started laughing and blushing, swatting your hands away, and you just smiled after her as she turned to leave.

"You're strange!" She yelled when she glanced back to see you still watching her.

"Love you too!" You shouted back, making her laugh again as she went down the hall.

You sighed with a small, sad smile as you checked the time, realizing Steve would be finishing up his work out and heading here soon so you ditched your bowl and bolted down to the lab.

"Doctor," You nodded to Bruce and then looked to Tony who was also in a lab coat, "Doctor."

"Hey, Y/-" Bruce started before Tony cut him off with a formal,

"Doctor."

Making you smile brightly and then you walked around the table to hug them both.

"You do some great work in here," You gestured towards everything they were working on, not fully understanding it, "And you make really cool suits."

"You feeling okay? Not contagious, are you?" Tony joked, but then looked almost concerned while Bruce peered up at you from behind his glasses where he was leaning over the table.

"Perfectly healthy." You tightened your smile.

"Mmk." Tony squinted, not buying it.

"Peter coming by?" You asked, looking around for emphasis, before Bruce went to say something about your change in attitude too.