Chap TwennyAte

"Do you know where you are?"

You looked around, but everything was black, completely empty besides the woman in white standing in front of you maybe twenty feet away. Her nightgown was old, worn, and dated, but her red hair was brilliant, her green eyes sparkling in contrast to the darkness. You looked down at yourself and found no blood, no wounds, no scars, and no stains. When you peered back up at the woman, she was slightly closer than before, maybe fifteen feet in between you both now.

But with all this, remembering where you were just moments before, fighting for your life in the backseat of some stranger's car, didn't bring you any panic. If anything, you were calm, maybe a little tired, like you had slept for twelve hours but somehow your body still woke up exhausted.

"Am I dead?" You finally asked back, perking up when your words echoed in the dark, and still, no fear ran through you.

"That's a question with a complicated answer." She smiled wistfully and your eyes were set on hers as they flicked to a different color, this time it was blue.

"How so?" You ventured, looking to your side for only a moment when you heard a clicking, but when you looked back to her, she was blonde, her freckles now nonexistent.

And it was ten feet.

"Well," She giggled a little, her eyes beaming over at you with curiosity and fascination, "...Do you want to be?"

"What is this?" You scrunched your face, backing up, but every single step you took had her floating closer, closing the distance you tried to create, "This isn't usually how my dreams start."

"He fell in love with every part you were taught to hate and when you couldn't accept it, he sat down with you to wait."

"What're you-"

Your body jerked awake, and you were gasping for air, as you jumped out of the bathtub filled with ice water, completely clothed, and into a towel someone was holding up for you.

You wrapped it around your middle, shivering like a mad man, and then looked to them as your teeth chattered. The woman's smile was warm, but you were furrowing your eyebrows, waiting for answers. She turned to leave, and the question died on your tongue, utterly speechless as to why this strange woman had thrown you into an ice bath. You followed her out in confusion after a moment into the main room of what seemed to be a cabin. She was pouring some tea to brew, and the smell instantly filled the small space.

"What – w-who are you?" You shook out, your lips quivering, and she looked over at you with a tight, pitying smile.

"You were burning up, honey," She explained, "I couldn't get your temperature down fast enough."

Then you started remembering everything, eyes wide as you pulled your shirt up to show no scar. Your first thought was it had all been a nightmare, but then a searing headache came on, having you clutch your head, and falling back onto the nearby couch.

"What'd you do to me?"

She cringed with a guilty smile, pulling out a small vial of green from her pocket, and you eyed it wearily. It was never good to have someone strange put some unidentifiable potion looking thing into your system unknowingly, but hey, we've all been to Vegas.

"You're a curious thing, Miss L/n, but it's all going to be okay," She smiled, but she was no longer the sweet looking middle aged woman who picked you off the side of the road, her demeanor changing entirely, "I'll take care of you."

"How do you know that name." You demanded angrily, trying to stand up, but barely managing it as you became extremely dizzy.

She started humming, turning around to busy herself with finishing the tea, and then pouring two mugs full. You eyed them curiously, peering around the room after, and searching for something you could use against her.