Chapter 23

Ruby Jane was inside a club sipping alcohol and glancing about at the folks having a good time. Some were in the corner hooking up, some were dancing, and some were drinking. And some rich brat were gambling.

Then she heard, "Ruby Jane, why did you call me here at this hour of the night?"

Turning to her side, she noticed Irene, who was likely wearing a heavy coat to stay warm due to the chilly wind. 

"Oh, my dearest friend is here. Come have a drink with me." 

She grabbed the bottle of beer, poured it into the glass, and gave it to Irene. Irene grabbed for the glass as she examined Ruby Jane, who appeared to be half-drunk. 

"What is it, Ruby? Why did you call me, and what are you doing here instead of resting at home?" Irene asked her as she glanced around.

Ruby placed the glass on the table, resting her elbows on her knees and her face on her palms. She pouted her lips, glancing at Irene. 

"I'm sad." she started. 

"My heart feels like it is on fire. And it hurts me." 

"And why is that?" Irene spoke

"Lisa. When I see her with my sister, she shows affection for Jennie. I cannot stand it. What do you think I should do?"  Irene sighed while placing the glass down on the table. getting her hands inside her pockets.

"I knew this day was coming. The day when you will deeply regret what you did."  

Ruby Jane remained silent for a time, then her eyes became moist and she began to cry. "Is it too late to get her back? Am I too late to realize that I loved her but never admitted it?" 

"What is done is done. You can not change anything. You cheated her. You broke up. She is engaged to your sister, and they are going to wed after graduation." Ruby just buried her head in despair, and Irene heard her sobs. Irene got up and went to Ruby, sitting next her and comforting her. Although she strongly opposes Ruby's behavior. She is still her best buddy. She is disappointed by her mistakes, yet she also comforts her when necessary.

"Forget her, and move on. Nothing can be done right now." She spoke, Ruby cried until she calmed down with Irene caressing her back. 

"Alright, it is time for us to leave. You do not want scolding from uncle and aunty."  Ruby Jane nodded, and they both stepped outside.

Irene hugged her, "Take care; we will meet tomorrow at college." She then took a step towards her car. She went inside and took off waving her hands. Ruby's gaze followed the car until it disappeared from sight.  

"They are not married yet, so i have a chance to get her back."  She thought and then she departed.

------------

Jennie noticed Lisa taking a cushion and blanket, so she asked, "What are you doing?" Are you going anywhere?" 

"I am heading to the guest room." Lisa replied

"Why? This is your room, so sleep here." Jennie said, Lisa halted and turned to look at Jennie. She then approached Jennie and lowered herself to her level. She placed her hand on the edge of the headboard, her face close to Jennie's. 

She asked, "Why? while staring attentively at her. Do you want me to sleep on this bed next to you?" Jennie's face flushed with heat as she heard her words.

"T-that is not what I meant. This is your room; you can sleep here while I sleep in the guest room." She stammered. Lisa stood upright and started to leave, but she paused at the door and looked back at Jennie. 

"From now on, everything that's mine is yours. You will sleep just here. It is only because we are not married yet; otherwise, I would love to sleep with you in my arms."  She said and walked away, leaving the blushing Jennie.

--------

The dialogue of the day:

" It is only because we are not married yet; otherwise, I would love to sleep with you in my arms." ;)

I'm so sorry that posted it after so long and short too, but I promise, as soon I get free times  I will definitely post more often and longer too.

Also, guys please support me and my friend on our first desi romance
Author_Sakeena is the username. You can follow their and check out the story. 🙏🏻