ꜱɪx: ʜᴀᴢᴇ

─•~❉ 𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐈 𝐒𝐀𝐍 𝐏

─•~❉ 𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐈 𝐒𝐀𝐍 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕 ❉~•─
ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄʀᴜᴍʙʟᴇ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛꜱ, ꜱʜᴜᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴛᴏ ɴᴜᴍʙ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀɪɴ, ɪꜱ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜɪɴɢ ᴀ ꜱᴜɴꜱᴇᴛ ᴏʙꜱᴄᴜʀᴇᴅ ʙʏ ꜱᴛᴏʀᴍ ᴄʟᴏᴜᴅꜱ—ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛɪꜰᴜʟ ʏᴇᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛʙʀᴇᴀᴋɪɴɢʟʏ ᴅɪꜱᴛᴀɴᴛ.
❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

It had been two days since the security measures were put in place and the public statement was released. I sat on the bed, pretending to read my book, but my eyes kept drifting to Wooyoung as he moved towards the computer once again. Playing games had become his constant escape, a way to pretend everything was okay. But I saw right through him—it wasn't hard to see the signs when you care and love someone deeply.

Wooyoung was on the verge of a mental breakdown, yet he wouldn't allow me to soothe him, insisting that everything was fine. His forced smiles and quiet demeanor were heartbreaking to witness. Despite my efforts and those of our friends Yeosang and Hoshi, Wooyoung remained silent, avoiding eye contact and brushing off our concerns.

Yeosang and Hoshi had both tried speaking to him, hoping to break through the wall he had built around himself. But Wooyoung just stayed quiet, avoiding their gazes, and gave noncommittal responses. He was avoiding the confrontation of his own feelings, not wanting to appear weak or vulnerable.

Watching him struggle in silence tore at my heart. I wanted to help, to make him understand that he didn't have to face this alone. But every time I approached the subject, he withdrew further into his shell.

I closed my book and took a deep breath, deciding to try once more. I walked over to where Wooyoung was sitting at the computer, gently placing a hand on his shoulder. "Wooyoung," I said softly, "can we talk for a minute?"

He tensed under my touch but didn't pull away. "I'm fine, San. Really," he replied, his voice barely above a whisper.

I knelt beside him, looking up into his tired eyes. "I know you're not fine. You don't have to pretend with me. It's okay to not be okay."

He looked away, his jaw clenching as he struggled with his emotions. "I just... I don't want to be a burden."

"You're not a burden! Stop saying that, Wooyoung!" I stated firmly, my voice filled with frustration and concern.

But Wooyoung just pulled away slowly, a faint, forced smile on his face. He turned back to the computer, putting on his headphones as if to shut out the world—and me. My heart sank as I watched him retreat into his shell once more, the wall between us seemingly growing thicker.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm the rush of emotions swirling inside me. This wasn't just about getting through to him; it was about making him feel safe and understood. I needed a different approach, something that wouldn't push him further away.