ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ

─•~❉ 𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐆 𝐏

─•~❉ 𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐆 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕 ❉~•─
ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴀʀᴅᴇꜱᴛ ᴡᴏʀᴅ, ᴡʜɪꜱᴘᴇʀᴇᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀ ᴘʀᴏᴍɪꜱᴇ. ᴜɴᴛɪʟ ᴡᴇ ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ, ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ, ᴛᴏ ʙᴇɢɪɴ ᴏᴜʀ ꜰᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ.
❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

— the next day—

On the day San was set to leave for military service, which coincidentally was also the cafe opening day, the atmosphere at home was thick with emotion. As I sat in the living room, I watched San getting ready, his conversation with Mingyu flowing in the background. I caught San's glance in my direction before he continued talking. Just as I was about to head to the room to have a word with San, Mingyu approached me. With a deep breath, I turned to go, but Mingyu gently shook his head, offering a soft, reassuring smile and guiding me toward the front door instead.

Feeling a mix of confusion and curiosity, I looked back as Mingyu led me outside. There, to my surprise, Wonwoo and Hoshi were waiting in the car. I paused, waiting for Mingyu to explain.

"We thought it might be easier with some company today," Mingyu said gently, understanding my hesitation. "It's a big day, and San wanted to make sure you weren't alone when you faced it."

As Mingyu gently guided me toward the stairs, I glanced back at the front door, yearning to say a proper goodbye to San. Something felt off; they wouldn't even let me speak to him. Pulling away from Mingyu's gentle grasp, I stopped and faced him directly.

"Why are you not letting me say goodbye?" I asked quietly, stepping back, my confusion and frustration evident in my voice.

Mingyu paused, looking momentarily taken aback by my resistance. He glanced toward Wonwoo and Hoshi in the car, then back at me, his expression a mix of sympathy and resolve.

"He asked us to do this," Mingyu finally said, his voice soft but firm. "San thought it might be too hard for both of you to say goodbye in person. He wanted to spare you the pain of a drawn-out farewell."

I felt a wave of emotion wash over me, the weight of San's decision hitting me all at once. It was just like him to think of what might be easier for me, even if it meant avoiding a direct goodbye. Despite understanding his intentions, a part of me still ached to see him, to talk to him one more time.

Frustration flared within me as Mingyu's words sank in. I shook my head dismissively, my emotions churning. "Do I look like I care? I should be able to say goodbye—he is so fucking stubborn," I said flatly, my voice tinged with irritation as I started making my way downstairs.

Mingyu followed closely behind, his presence both a comfort and a reminder of the complex emotions at play. "I know it's tough," he said, trying to offer some solace. "But he's doing this because he thinks it's best for both of you. He's trying to protect you from more pain."