ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ: ᴡᴀʀᴍᴛʜ

─•~❉ 𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐆 𝐏

─•~❉ 𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐆 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕 ❉~•─
ʜᴇ ᴋᴇᴘᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴡᴀʀᴍ ᴀɴᴅ ꜱᴀꜰᴇ; ʜɪꜱ ᴛᴏᴜᴄʜ ᴀɴᴅ ꜱᴏᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴡᴏʀᴅꜱ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʙᴀʟᴍ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ꜱᴏᴜʟ. ʜɪꜱ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴋᴇᴘᴛ ᴍᴇ ɢᴏɪɴɢ.
❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━❜

Early in the midnight, as I tiptoed into the bathroom, another sleepless night weighed heavily on my shoulders. I moved quietly, not wanting to disturb San, who was finally getting some rest. The apartment was eerily silent, amplifying the echoes of my own movements.

With a deep sigh, I began to undress, my body aching from the lack of sleep and the relentless tension that seemed to coil around me like a tight spring. I turned on the shower, waiting as the water heated up and steam began to fill the small space. The warmth and the promise of a brief respite from my swirling thoughts were a welcome relief.

I took a few deep breaths, trying to steady myself, and then stepped into the shower. The hot water cascaded over me, washing away the remnants of the day and easing the tension that had settled deep in my muscles. I closed my eyes, letting the sensation envelop me, the sound of the water a soothing background to my restless mind.

As the water poured over me, I leaned against the tiled wall, feeling the heat seep into my skin. The steam swirled around me, creating a cocoon that momentarily shielded me from my fears and anxieties. I let out a long, shuddering breath, trying to release some of the emotional weight I was carrying.

The water's rhythm had a calming effect, and I focused on it, using it as a focal point to ground myself. I thought about the plans we had made earlier in the day, the promise of a new, secure place to call home, and the unwavering support of San and our friends. The idea of moving forward, of creating a safe space, gave me a small but significant sense of hope.

I stayed in the shower longer than usual, reluctant to leave the sanctuary it provided. The water washed away my tears, blending them with the steam and the heat. I allowed myself to cry, to feel the emotions I had been holding back. The release was both painful and cathartic, a necessary step in the process of healing.

As I let the warm water cascade down my face, slightly tilting my head back to let it wash away the tension, I suddenly felt gentle hands wrap around my waist. Startled, I looked over my shoulder and found San behind me, his presence instantly soothing. He kissed my forehead tenderly and carefully placed a protective sleeve over my bandaged arm to keep it dry.

"I'm here, you can let it all out, my love, or just let me smother you with kisses," he whispered softly, his voice a comforting hum against the noise of the shower. I could feel his hands secure the sleeve, making sure it was snug so no water could seep through.

His words, so filled with care and affection, melted away the last vestiges of my resolve to keep everything bottled up. A sigh escaped me, not of despair, but of relief—relief at his unwavering support, at not having to face my fears alone. I turned in his embrace, now facing him, and looked up into his eyes, which were filled with concern and love.