ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: ᴜɴᴀɴᴛɪᴄɪᴘᴀᴛᴇᴅ

─•~❉ 𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐆 𝐏

─•~❉ 𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐆 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕 ❉~•─
ᴀʟʟ ɪ ɴᴇᴇᴅᴇᴅ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴍᴏᴛʜᴇʀʟʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ, ꜰᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ ʜᴇʀ ᴘʀᴇꜱᴇɴᴄᴇ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ, ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴏᴜᴛ. ʏᴇᴛ, ꜰᴇᴀʀ ꜱᴛᴏᴏᴅ ᴀꜱ ᴍʏ ʙɪɢɢᴇꜱᴛ ᴇɴᴇᴍʏ, ᴀ ʙᴀʀʀɪᴇʀ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍʙʀᴀᴄᴇ ɪ ʟᴏɴɢᴇᴅ ꜰᴏʀ.
❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━❜

The next morning, I walked towards the café feeling tired and restless. The revelation about Joon's father had left me reeling, adding another layer of stress to my already burdened mind. As I approached the café, I took in the familiar sight, ready for another busy day. The weight of the world seemed to settle on my shoulders as I opened the shutters with one arm, the other still healing and sensitive from the stitches that pulled at my skin. I grunted quietly, acknowledging the guard who opened the door for me with a nod, and stepped inside.

My thoughts drifted back to my real mother, the woman I had recently connected with after years of believing she was gone. The chaos of my life had kept me from maintaining regular contact, but now, in the wake of everything, I felt an intense need for her presence. Her embrace, the warmth I had missed for so long, felt like a distant but desperately needed comfort. The realization that I had nearly lost my life to Joon's obsession made the thought of reconnecting with her even more pressing.

As I moved the chairs and wiped down the tables, the café's familiar routine provided a small sense of normalcy. The employees here had become more than just coworkers—they were friends who genuinely cared about me and the café. Standing up straight with a heavy sigh, I saw Hyeon step inside, followed by our three bakers, Jin, Jae, and Han. Their presence brought a small measure of comfort.

"Morning, Wooyoung," Hyeon greeted with a warm smile, though concern lingered in his eyes. "How are you holding up?"

I forced a small smile. "Morning, Hyeon. I'm managing, just taking it one day at a time."

Jin, Jae, and Han came over, each offering kind words and supportive pats on the back. "We've got some new pastries today," Jin said, trying to lighten the mood. "Hopefully, they'll be a hit."

"Thanks, guys," I replied, genuinely appreciating their efforts. "Let's get everything set up. We open in an hour."

As we worked together, the familiar routine of preparing the café for the day helped ground me. The comforting hum of the espresso machine, the smell of fresh pastries, and the quiet chatter of my colleagues created a sense of normalcy that I desperately needed.

While wiping down the counter, I couldn't shake the thoughts of my mother. I needed to reach out to her, to let her know what was happening. Maybe reconnecting with her could provide some stability in my chaotic life.

Just as I took a sip from my cup of coffee, Hyeon approached, carrying a plate of three pastries made from my recipes. Though I had created them, I had never actually tried these particular batches myself. I glanced down at the inviting treats, a small smile forming on my lips.