ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ: ᴍᴇꜱᴍᴇʀɪᴢᴇᴅ

─•~❉ 𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐆 𝐏

─•~❉ 𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐆 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕 ❉~•─
ɪ ᴄᴏᴍᴍɪᴛ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡʜᴏʟᴇʜᴇᴀʀᴛᴇᴅʟʏ, ꜰᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ. ɴᴏ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ, ᴡᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ʙᴇ ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ—ᴜɴɪᴛᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴏᴜʀ ᴇɴᴅʟᴇꜱꜱ ʟᴏᴠᴇ. ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴘᴀꜱꜱɪɴɢ ᴅᴀʏ, ᴍʏ ᴅᴇᴠᴏᴛɪᴏɴ ᴅᴇᴇᴘᴇɴꜱ, ᴀꜰꜰɪʀᴍɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʀᴜᴇ ʜᴏᴍᴇ ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ.
❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━❜

The next morning, I woke up feeling lighter than I had in days. Knowing that San had extended his stay infused me with a sense of hope and comfort. I allowed myself a small, contented smile as I slid out of bed. However, a sharp soreness quickly reminded me of yesterday's overzealous challenges, causing me to gasp and mentally chide myself for my own foolishness.

As I slowly stood up, gently massaging my lower back, my eyes drifted towards San. He was still sleeping, his expression serene and utterly carefree. Seeing him so peaceful swelled my heart with affection, and despite my physical discomfort, I felt deeply grateful for his presence.

I tiptoed to the bathroom, hoping not to disturb his slumber. The warmth of the shower water worked wonders on my stiff muscles, providing much-needed relief. I lingered under the soothing spray, allowing myself to reflect on the recent upheavals and finding a renewed sense of determination to embrace the challenges ahead.

After drying off, I slipped into some comfortable clothes and made my way to the kitchen. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee began to permeate the air as I set about making pancakes, planning to surprise San with breakfast. As I whisked the batter, my mind wandered to our upcoming wedding. Just a month away, it marked the beginning of our new life together. Despite the hurdles we had encountered, I was optimistic about our future.

I was so engrossed in my thoughts that I almost didn't hear the soft shuffle of feet behind me. Turning around, I saw San leaning against the doorway, his hair tousled and a sleepy smile playing on his lips. "Good morning," he said, his voice still thick with sleep.

"Good morning," I responded, returning his smile. "Pancakes sound good to you?"

"Pancakes sound perfect," he affirmed, crossing the room to wrap his arms around me. The gentle kiss he placed on my cheek sent a wave of warmth cascading through me.

We fell into an easy rhythm as we cooked together, filling the kitchen with the sounds of sizzling batter and our casual chatter. It felt like a return to normalcy, a cherished simplicity that I had sorely missed. Sharing this quiet morning routine felt like a small triumph, a step toward healing from our recent trials.

Once we sat down to eat, the comforting familiarity of San's company enveloped me. His reassuring touches and gentle words made everything seem just right. I teased him playfully, leaning in to kiss his cheek, "Little touchy, are we?"