ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴄᴀꜰᴇ

─•~❉ 𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐆 𝐏

─•~❉ 𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐆 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕 ❉~•─
ʜɪꜱ ᴘɪᴇʀᴄɪɴɢ ɢᴀᴢᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪɴᴛɪᴍɪᴅᴀᴛɪɴɢ ʙᴜɪʟᴅ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ꜱᴇᴇᴍ ʟᴇꜱꜱ ᴅᴀᴜɴᴛɪɴɢ; ɪ ꜰᴇʟᴛ ꜱᴀꜰᴇ, ꜱᴇᴄᴜʀᴇ. ɴᴏ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ʜɪꜱ ꜱᴛᴀᴛᴜʀᴇ, ʜᴇ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴍʏ ʙᴀʙʏ ʙᴇᴀʀ.
❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

A week had passed since the engagement party, and the thought of meeting the woman who claimed to be my mother was still lingering in the back of my mind. I had kept rescheduling the meeting, feeling anxious and avoiding the conversation as much as I could. San was out shopping and picking up Tae and Jisoo from their parents, leaving me alone at home.

I sat by the desk, typing away and making a new post for Instagram with a new cosplay outfit. Smiling happily, I glanced at the Seventeen post with my engagement ring in the group photo. The gesture of everyone welcoming me so warmly still filled me with an indescribable happiness.

I sang to myself while hitting the post button and stood up, feeling a rush of excitement about spending the rest of the day with San. We had plans to cook together, play some games on stream like he promised, and just enjoy each other's company. I felt so in love it was almost disgusting, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Picking up my phone, I glanced at the woman's number saved in my contacts. After everything that had happened, I knew I couldn't keep avoiding her. Taking a deep breath, I began to type a message:

"We can meet tomorrow at the cafe—I'll be there at 10."

I hesitated for a moment before hitting send, the anxiety about what tomorrow might bring bubbling under the surface. But as the message disappeared into the ether, a sense of resolution settled over me. It was time to face this, whatever the outcome might be.

With that done, I put my phone down and made my way to the kitchen, already thinking about what we could cook together. San would be back soon, and I wanted everything to be perfect.

As I began to pull out ingredients from the fridge, I heard the front door open. "Wooyoung, I'm back!" San's voice called out, filled with the usual warmth and energy that never failed to make my heart skip a beat.

"Cuddles time!" I squealed, rushing out of the kitchen with an excited bounce in my step. I could hear San's laughter following me, a sound that always filled me with joy.

"In need of love and affection, reporting on duty or not?" I called out playfully, skidding to a stop in the living room where San was setting up for our stream.

He turned to me with a wide grin, his eyes sparkling with amusement. "Always on duty for you," he said, opening his arms invitingly.

I launched myself at him, wrapping my arms around his neck and burying my face in his shoulder. He caught me easily, his strong arms holding me close. "You're the best," I murmured against his neck, feeling the tension of the day melt away in his embrace.