ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ: ʜᴀᴘᴘɪɴᴇꜱꜱ

─•~❉ 𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐆 𝐏

─•~❉ 𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐆 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕 ❉~•─
ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪʀᴀᴄʟᴇ ᴏꜰ ꜰᴀᴍɪʟʏ ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢɪᴠɪɴɢ ᴏꜰ ʟɪꜰᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱʜᴀʀɪɴɢ ᴏꜰ ʟᴏᴠᴇ—ᴀ ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴇʏ ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛɪꜰᴜʟ ɪɴ ʙᴏᴛʜ ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀɴᴇꜱꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪꜱᴛᴀɴᴄᴇ.
❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━❜

- ONE MONTH LATER-

As I navigated the picturesque expanse of fields leading to Busan, the open roads seemed to echo with possibility. Busan, a city where life's exuberant dance stretched across vibrant streets and quiet homes alike, was today a beacon of hope for a very personal journey. San and I had embarked on the path to adoption, aware of the patience required, the months, perhaps even years, it might take to welcome our own little one into our arms—a child we would love and cherish, providing a haven filled with unconditional love.

The decision to adopt had been a profound one, filled with conversations that stretched late into the night, discussions laden with dreams of the family we yearned to build. Each child awaiting adoption held a story, some tinged with sorrow, all deserving of a future bright with promise. Today, I was driving to meet a new arrival, a baby who had just come into the care of the local adoption center. The call I received had been unexpected but welcome, a chance to connect early in our adoption journey, to form a bond even during the waiting period.

As I drove closer to Busan, a soft smile played upon my lips. There was a serenity in knowing that the life San and I envisioned together was slowly unfolding, even as he completed his remaining four months of military training. The distance between us was bridged by our shared dreams and the daily messages that flew back and forth like invisible threads weaving us tighter together.

Pulling into the city, I felt a surge of anticipation. The adoption center was located in a quieter part of Busan, a peaceful enclave that seemed fitting for such a life-changing locale. As I parked and walked towards the building, my heart was both heavy and light—heavy with the emotional gravity of the moment, light with the potential joy it represented.

Inside, the walls echoed with the soft sounds of caregivers tending to their young charges. I was greeted warmly by the staff, who led me through hallways filled with the gentle babble and laughter of children. Each step brought me closer to the tiny being who might one day be part of our family.

The caregiver introduced me to the baby, a tiny, alert figure with wide, curious eyes. As I was handed the little bundle, a rush of emotion swept over me. Here, nestled against my chest, was a potential future, a child who could one day call me Dad. The baby gazed up at me, and in those innocent eyes, I saw a reflection of all the possibilities that lay ahead.

"We call him Han. He is only two months old, and we looked at the process of your application. Would you like to follow me so you can spend some time with the baby?" she said softly.