ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ꜰɪᴠᴇ: ᴛɪᴍɪᴅ

─•~❉ 𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐆 𝐏

─•~❉ 𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐆 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕 ❉~•─
ʜᴇ ᴋᴇᴘᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴡᴀʀᴍ ᴀɴᴅ ꜱᴀꜰᴇ; ʜɪꜱ ᴛᴏᴜᴄʜ ᴀɴᴅ ꜱᴏᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴡᴏʀᴅꜱ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʙᴀʟᴍ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ꜱᴏᴜʟ. ʜɪꜱ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴋᴇᴘᴛ ᴍᴇ ɢᴏɪɴɢ.
❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━❜

In the early hours of the morning, I instinctively reached out to find San's warmth next to me, but the bed was empty. The crisp morning air brushed against my skin as I sat up, a blanket of confusion wrapping around me. My eyes scanned the room and finally settled on San, standing by the window, his silhouette illuminated by the soft glow of dawn. The cold floor beneath my feet went unnoticed as I slipped out of bed and made my way to him.

He turned as he heard me approach, his face etched with a mix of resolve and concern. He opened his arms wide, and I didn't hesitate; I walked right into his comforting embrace, pressing my face against his chest. I felt him take a deep, weary breath, and when I looked up to stroke his cheek, his eyes fluttered shut, a heavy sigh escaping him once more. It was clear he was grappling with something significant.

"I have to go back to the military," he murmured, his voice barely above a whisper but heavy with inevitability. I felt a jolt of panic at his words, and my heart sank. Instinctively, I stepped back, shaking my head in a silent plea.

"No—don't go, Sannie," I whispered, my voice laced with a quiet desperation. Tears began to well up in my eyes, blurring his image. "Please, I can't manage this mess alone right now."

San looked at me with deep empathy, his eyes softening as he stepped forward to close the gap I had created. He enveloped me in his arms again, his embrace strong yet gentle. "I know it's tough, and I wish there was another way. But it's only for a little while. I'll be back before you know it," he reassured me, his tone soothing. Each word was meant to comfort, to steady the storm of emotions brewing within me.

I clung to him tighter, burying my face into the fabric of his shirt, inhaling the familiar scent of him. "But every time you go, it feels like a part of me is torn away," I confessed, my voice muffled against him, heavy with sorrow.

"I know, baby—but I have to," he whispered, his voice thick with regret. I shook my head vigorously, holding him tighter as my emotions overwhelmed me. The sobs I had been holding back burst forth, uncontrollable and raw.

"No one makes me feel as safe as you do. I can't and don't want others," I whispered between sobs, my words muffled against his chest. Each tear that fell seemed to echo the depth of my fear and longing.

San's grip on me tightened, his own breath hitching as he fought to remain composed. He gently stroked my back, trying to soothe the storm of emotions raging within me. "I know, my love," he murmured. "It breaks my heart to leave you, but this is something I have to do."