Apocalypse story people

So I been making an apocalypse themed story, and among the (many) characters presently made for it, I have two I deemed ready to show. 

Meet Joseph

Meet Joseph. 

He's (was) an Air Force pilot, because I said so. Because his name is Joseph, his friends called him 'Joseph the Broseph' and that became his call sign: Broseph. When the apocalypse happened he was separated from his group in a storm, attempting to help one of the men whose plane was struggling, and crashed in a city somewhere, his communication and navigation systems utterly ruined, and with the world all dystopian and stuff, he needs to find his wife and daughter, named Carol and Bonnie, respectively. Bonnie was the one who gave him the little purple ribbon thing. So he goes out on his way and our boy is really smart, so he turns the air mask thing into one that works for its original purpose, but also functions as a gas mask, because I think it'd be cool. MoViNg On, he spends his days searching for his family and friends, doing badass fighting apocalypse monster-zombies, and all that jazz. But, here's a twist. 

He finds a kid.

His name is Khouzouh(pronounced Kohzoo).

Khouzouh is special, he's colourblind, for one, but he's also half monster. 

Here's a picture of the two of them.

After some stressful interactions and some bonding, daring rescues, and heart-to-hearts, Joseph sorta takes him in, and they go on the rest of the adventure together

I bet some of you may be wondering about Khouzouh's monster side and what that's all about. 

Basically, he(this spans multiple years btw so keep that in mind) was left behind at the beginning of the apocalypse and his parents got turned, but for some reason they had a more positive reaction (they were more human than most other of the Infected were), and they encouraged their son to leave since there were people trying to hunt down the Infected at this point. He does so, and gets bit as well ending up the way he is now. Once he was hit, he grew more feral and aggressive, prone to snapping at anyone who got too close, climbing almost ANYTHING, and apparently having a strange habit of staring at a little pendant he keeps, given to him by his mother. He meets Joseph when he tries to steal a knife from him, and it goes from there. 

If I could pin down their personalities and the actual PLOT a bit, I could make a story about these two, cuz they're not even main characters to the actual Apocalypse story. They're just briefly shown/mentioned and then never seen again. 

If this interested you, I'm open to questions! The chapters on S.U.N.A.D and Raimethine are also connected to the Apocalypse storyline so feel free to check them out if you want!

Bye!