Chapter 108 (Quirk Erasing Drug)

~Kita~
I patiently waited, only half tuned in, for Sir Nighteye and his sidekicks to share everything.

"Yuuei students or not, what're these kids even doing here? They're just slowing us down. The sun's gonna set before we get to the talking about the bad guys' grand plan." Kiyohime began to growl. "That one's growling like an animal."

"You better shut your mouth before we shut it for you."

"You need to calm down, Bestia. This isn't the time or place for you to let her out."

"Now she's threatening me?"

"You ridiculous example of a hero! They might be children but, so far, they're behaving better than some of the so called adults in the room. Blatant disrespect and interrupting of the speakers."

"Kiyohime, calm down please." Kiyohime looked over at Mirio and actually calmed down.

"Thank you, Lemillion, that was almost really bad. She likes you."

"Anyway! These children are super important participants!" A large man suddenly stood up, his chair flew backwards. "Also, I'm seeing plenty of unfamiliar faces here! I'm Fat Gum! Nice to meetcha! Have some candy!"

"Hassaikai was once suspected of dealing in illegal substances. Which is why I've called in a hero familiar with such things."

"During Red Riot's debut battle the other day, the perp went and shot up Tamaki here with a type of drug I've never seen before! A drug that destroys quirks!"

"Huh?! You gonna be okay, Tamaki?!" Mirio jumped to his feet, panic exuding from him.

"Yeah I'm back to normal after a good night's rest. Here, look at this fabulous cow hoof."

"So he recovered? That's a relief. This stuff must not be fatal."

"You're really good at stating the obvious, aren't you?" Kiyohime was beginning to get worked up again.

"Deep breaths." I nodded at Kirishima.

"On that point, I turn to Eraser Head." I could tell Sir Nighteye was beginning to get frustrated.

"The drug is different than my Erasure, because I'm not actually attacking a person's quirk itself." Uncle Shota then patiently explained Plus Alpha Elements and quirk factors. "What I do is temporarily stop the quirk factors from activating. I can't actually cause any damage."

"After the attack, we got Tamaki checked out at the hospital. They said his quirk factors were damaged. Luckily, his body's natural healing ability was enough to repair it."

"Did they analyze what he got shot with?"

"I'm sure he's about to get to that, if people would stop interrupting."

"It didn't do anything else to Tamaki's body! It only attacked his quirk! Sadly the shooter clammed up and the gun was destroyed! It looked like all we had was that one empty round! However..." Fat Gum turned to Kirishima. "One bounced right off of Kirishima's body and we got our hands on a vial of the stuff that's still intact!!"

"Nice job, Red Riot! You're definitely doing your namesake proud!" I smiled proudly at him.

"Analysis of the substance inside revealed something pretty disgusting... They found human blood cells and blood."

"That can't be! There's no way!" Kiyohime tried to sprint to Fat Gum, eyes wide with terror.

"Whoa, little lady!"

"Bestia!" "Kiyohime!"

"That means... Oh no, poor Eri!"

"Chisaki has a daughter... One with no birth record, so the exact details aren't clear. When these three encountered her, she was covered in an excessive number of bandages."

"No... It's too repulsive to imagine..."

"What? What're we imagining...?!" Kirishima frantically looked around, hoping for answers.

"Toldja we didn't need kids here. Just use your damn head..."

"You're saying he's turning his own daughter's body into those bullets and selling them on the black market?"

"It's uncertain whether or not he's selling just yet. The drugs current effects are underwhelming. But if we imagine that it's simply in the testing phase... He's most likely simply distributing samples to attract followers. We're still lacking proof but he's bringing in people from across the country and amassing funds. What if the final version of these bullets is capable of destroying a person's quirk permanently?"

"So if your kids had just rescued the girl, our problems would've been solved?!"

That was it for Kiyohime. She took over and pounced on Rock Lock. "YOU NARCISSISTIC PIECE OF SHIT! YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT FUCKING HAPPENED! WE EACH WANTED TO SAVE HER AND MADE AN EFFORT IN OUR OWN WAYS!" She lashed out at the pro. "MIDORIYA ACCEPTED THE RISKS AND ATTEMPTED TO TAKE HER AWAY RIGHT THEN AND THERE! BUT MIRIO AND KITA KNEW TO RAISE THE ODDS OF SAVING HER AT A LATER POINT! BELIEVE ME NOBODY IS HURTING AS BADLY AS KITA!"

"Get her off me!" Nevada barreled into me, knocking me off of Rock Lock. Something hit me across the back of the head and I passed out.