03.

Celeste froze right there on the stage

This was the first time in her dancing career, she had frozen on stage in front of an audience. Her body felt stuck, like she couldn't move from the position she was in. Her eyes remained on his, yet he didn't look away either. Her heart felt like it fell from her body and her legs didn't work. This almost felt like a scene from a horror movie and Saint was the crazy serial killer.

The song, Toxic, by Kehlani continued playing in the background. When Celeste finally snapped back into reality, she stopped her dance an entire minute early. She couldn't finish the dance knowing he was out there. She tore her eyes away, and sent a smile to the crowd before waving as she left the stage.

Once away from the crowd's glance, Celeste rushed to her vanity to breathe. Her chest rose and deflated rapidly as she struggled to catch her breath. She kicked the heels from her foot, letting her bare feet touch the cool floor.

Kennedy entered the dressing room and she instantly noticed her friend, "Cel, what's wrong?" She said, kneeling in front of Celeste.

Celeste lifted her head to make contact with her friend, "He's out there."

Kennedy looked at her in a confusing manner, "What? Who's out there?" She asked, while still eyeing her friend.

Celeste gave her a knowing look, "Saint." Once she said that, Kennedy knew why she was having the reaction she was now. It was one hundred percent valid in this situation.

Ken asked the question of the night, "Are you going to talk to him?"

Celeste had spent enough time thinking about speaking to him and she knew tonight needed to be the night, "Yeah." She said, while fanning her face with her hand.

Kennedy nodded in agreement, "Good. My session is up next, I'll see you in a second." Celeste reacted to the information, then laced her heels back onto her feet. Her next dance wasn't for another hour, so she decided she would find Saint.

She slowly walked through the crowd. It was hard to search for him, because someone was always stopping her for some random reason. She still wanted to keep her clientele, so she replied to the customers throughout her search.

The longer it took to find him, the more her chest hurted. She was nervous and her hands were sweaty. It didn't help that her feet ached from the shoes. Celeste regretted not changing her clothing before going to find him.

After twenty minutes of searching the club, she found him sitting by himself, thankfully. She sent a quick thank you to the universe before approaching him. As she walked closer, he noticed and looked away from his phone.

"Hi..." She started with, but her words quickly got caught in her throat. Saint noticed this and fulfilled the silence, "Wassup."

Celeste didn't know how to start the conversation. Does she just blurt her confession out, or does she slowly lay the new information on the table?